Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vicious, what's your thoughts on the C3SWT at that price? I saw your name pop up in the comments on a review.

Comment

wow really want to pull the trigger on that C3 Malvern Chronograph MK I - 40mm in gold with the alligator brown strap.
      My cocktail videos >

Comment

Originally posted by tdig View Post
        wow really want to pull the trigger on that C3 Malvern Chronograph MK I - 40mm in gold with the alligator brown strap.
        Give in ... so I don't feel bad when I do ...

Comment

Originally posted by ncfranklin View Post
          Give in ... so I don't feel bad when I do ...
          done. can't wait for it to come in. will post pics when it does.
          My cocktail videos >

Comment

Being a noob at dressing nice (just started making an attempt this past year) maybe I don't quite understand but it seems to me that Mr. Porter has mostly cheesy clothing. Am I just looking in the wrong place? Most of the sale items (which let's be honest is all most people could afford) are very off-the-wall kind of patterns. Any thoughts?

Comment

Sorry if that sounded close minded. Like I said I am very much at newbie at this whole thing...

Comment

Originally posted by rendiw143 View Post
                Sorry if that sounded close minded. Like I said I am very much at newbie at this whole thing...
                Some of that is precisely why they're on sale. Another is the fact MrPorter deals a little more on the end of "fashion" rather than "style".

Comment

rendiw143, the wacky clothing is probably deeply discounted because most people agree with your assessment.

Comment

Ok great! Thanks for the input!

Comment

Originally posted by ncfranklin View Post
                      Vicious, what's your thoughts on the C3SWT at that price? I saw your name pop up in the comments on a review.
                      I got it for my brother for his graduation gift last year. It looks much nicer in person and he loves it. At 50% off, I'd highly recommend picking one up.

I almost picked up one of those C7 Chronos myself this morning but decided to hold off and save that money for my Omega AT that I want so badly.

Originally posted by rendiw143 View Post
                      Being a noob at dressing nice (just started making an attempt this past year) maybe I don't quite understand but it seems to me that Mr. Porter has mostly cheesy clothing. Am I just looking in the wrong place? Most of the sale items (which let's be honest is all most people could afford) are very off-the-wall kind of patterns. Any thoughts?
                      A. Rich people have weird taste to begin with.
                      B. Any 'normal' stuff has already been bough so you get left with the unwanted things at the end of a sale.

Comment

Great point, thanks Vicious. Like I said I need all the input I can get.

Comment

Hey there, what's your wrist size? I'm thinking about picking up one of those CW3's but I prefer 38mm watches since my wrist is 6.5 inches. I would go to 40mm but my experience is that it would look a little big :/.

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                          I got it for my brother for his graduation gift last year. It looks much nicer in person and he loves it. At 50% off, I'd highly recommend picking one up.

I almost picked up one of those C7 Chronos myself this morning but decided to hold off and save that money for my Omega AT that I want so badly.

A. Rich people have weird taste to begin with.
                          B. Any 'normal' stuff has already been bough so you get left with the unwanted things at the end of a sale.

Comment

JCrew added items to its sales section. Ludlow cotton suit for $291 is included, which would be a good summer suit option and all sizes available at posting (code summer30) http://www.jcrew.com/mens_special_si...~~~~/16899.jsp
                            Last edited by KeepItClassic; June 27, 2013, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by james2 View Post
                              Hey there, what's your wrist size? I'm thinking about picking up one of those CW3's but I prefer 38mm watches since my wrist is 6.5 inches. I would go to 40mm but my experience is that it would look a little big :/.
                              It also depends on the shape of your wrist. I have a 6.5" wrist as well but my sweet spot is 42mm. They have a very easy return policy so if it doesn't work for you, you're only out the initial shipping charges.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                                It also depends on the shape of your wrist. I have a 6.5" wrist as well but my sweet spot is 42mm. They have a very easy return policy so if it doesn't work for you, you're only out the initial shipping charges.
                                I have 6.25 inch wrists but Im tempted... talk me out of it
                                Last edited by aqwayne93; June 27, 2013, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X