This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
    Yeah, I have to agree with you Vicious. It seems the 40% off Wednesday is just not the same any more......
    I've gotten to the point where I don't buy at most places anymore unless it's at least 50% off whether it's BR or JCrew Factory or whatever. These places run sales way too often. If you're patient enough, you can get some ridiculous deals

Originally posted by RiveDroit View Post
    Items could be coming from a distribution center or retail locations.

I ordered the leather briefcase and two cardigans. Showing "In Process" as of this morning.
    I ordered mostly small things that cost me less than $25 each. My big 'splurge' was I bought another pair of their suede bucks for $50.

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
    One of my eight items has shipped. They did say on the order page that items may be split up in to separate shipments. It's happened to me before with no extra hassle or cancellations.
    Yeah, it happens all the time to me too. This time it seems a bit excessive since it's being broken up a lot. I know a lot of times they'll have items shipped out from their stores instead of a distribution center. You can tell when it's from as store because it's a xerox copy type of printout for the receipt.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
      I ordered mostly small things that cost me less than $25 each. My big 'splurge' was I bought another pair of their suede bucks for $50.
      How are bucks by the way, I was torn between those and the Branson Penny Loafer, decided on neither since I've heard mixed reviews on BR shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by dackman View Post
        How are bucks by the way, I was torn between those and the Branson Penny Loafer, decided on neither since I've heard mixed reviews on BR shoes.
        I own those same suede oxfords in the light brown shade. I also had blue suede ones from last year. I recently sold them since I had gotten .5 a size too big so when I saw them at $50, I couldn't resist picking them up again at the right price. I haven't had any issues with either one. I've been happy with them and don't think you could find anything better at that price. Even at about $80-$90 I think they're a decent deal. They fit TTS so buy the same size you wear with AE or most other shoes.

From the reviews it seems most of the issues are with their leather shoes. Those seem to be hit and miss. If you stick with the suede ones, I think you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
          I've gotten to the point where I don't buy at most places anymore unless it's at least 50% off whether it's BR or JCrew Factory or whatever. These places run sales way too often. If you're patient enough, you can get some ridiculous deals
          I agree with you totally. It's apparent many stores inflate their prices artificially, so when these sales come up, we feel like we are getting a deal. It's too bad JCP's pure pricing methodology wasn't properly implemented / marketed.
          Even these BR double dip sales are coming up pretty often.

Comment

Looks like J Crew is doing it's 30% off sale off of everything with its code: "TheBEST" (as usual suits and etc are not included)

Comment

Originally posted by RiveDroit View Post
              Even these BR double dip sales are coming up pretty often.
              I'm still thinking the double code is an error on there part. An error I will gladly exploit.

Comment

Originally posted by cuddytime View Post
                Looks like J Crew is doing it's 30% off sale off of everything with its code: "TheBEST" (as usual suits and etc are not included)
                I saw that. Is it time to grab the Ludlow Blazer that Joe keeps praising? I've tried the BR blazers and I think just like Vicious says, they just don't fit right. As for the price, this is probably the cheapest it will get and I think its a keeper or "staple" for ones wardrobe. Opinions, or has this been beaten too much.....Thanks

As for the sizing, I can't get to a J Crew so order my standard suit size 42R

Comment

Originally posted by cuddytime View Post
                  Thanks for the code.

Does anyone know if the Unconstructed Ludlow sportcoat in Japanese cotton twill is at a fairly decent price with 30% off? $188 - 30% ~ $132+tax

Comment

Originally posted by charliebrown2 View Post
                    Thanks for the code.

Does anyone know if the Unconstructed Ludlow sportcoat in Japanese cotton twill is at a fairly decent price with 30% off? $188 - 30% ~ $132+tax
                    I tried that blazer recently and couldn't get it to fit. Not a fan of the s/m/l/xl sizing on it. I tried a large, which is what I wear in a jcrew shirt, and it was too big in the shoulders. For most suits I'm a 42.

I ended up spending way more and getting a blazer from suitsupply.

Comment

Like DerekH said, YMMV on sizing. A small fits me perfectly and I'm a 36S or R.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekH View Post
                        I tried that blazer recently and couldn't get it to fit. Not a fan of the s/m/l/xl sizing on it. I tried a large, which is what I wear in a jcrew shirt, and it was too big in the shoulders. For most suits I'm a 42.

I ended up spending way more and getting a blazer from suitsupply.
                        Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                        Like DerekH said, YMMV on sizing. A small fits me perfectly and I'm a 36S or R.
                        I normally wear a 36R and the XS worked well for me (bought one like-new on eBay). It's a little on the snug side, vs. the Ludlow/Thompson 36R, which tends to be a hair looser than I prefer. The main issue with the Ludlow in the S/M/L sizing is that they don't correspond exactly to the numbered Ludlow sizes, so people who know their numbered Ludlow size might find their lettered size to be slightly different.
                        Ben

Comment

Originally posted by DerekH View Post
                          I tried that blazer recently and couldn't get it to fit. Not a fan of the s/m/l/xl sizing on it.
                          Same here. I'm a 38R in their Ludlow fit with only the sleeves needing shortening. I tried one of their blazers with the letter sizing and a M was too big everywhere and the S was too small. I don't even bother looking at them anymore if I see the letter sizing.

Comment

Thanks for the experience/information folks. Good thing I'm approximately a 36S too.

I'm planning to order both a XS and S though and returning one (or both).

I haven't been tracking the Jcrew discount/price trends. Does this seem like a fairly decent price?

Comment

Most sales there are about 30%. Sometimes you'll get lucky and an item will already be marked down a bit and then you can add on the extra 30% off.

Comment

Nordstrom adjusts prices up to 2 weeks after the purchase date. Even sale items, so keep an eye out for price changes to stuff you've bought! Yesterday, I got a refund for $53 because of this wonderful policy.

Comment

Working...
                                X