X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
    FWIW, my BR order just shipped.
    Baller. New henleys and socks here I come!
    6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

So BR goofed on their codes, which means big discounts for cardholders. They're offering 40% off with the normal exculsions with BRPRESALE. Then, they sent out a mailer with another 40% off (no exclusions) code: SUMSALE13. Even though the former is supposed to have exclusions, it seems to work on almost everything (definitely blazers). Stock is pretty low in my size (small), but I was able to pick up some good stuff. The whole discount comes out to 64% off (40% off, then 40% off of that discounted price).
      Sure enough, working on blazers. Just snagged the Gray Cotton Herringbone Blazer ($198) for $76.09 shipped.

Comment

Just placed $100 worth of socks, shirts, and pants.... about to place another I think of things just to try on for knowing future sizing.

Comment

Originally posted by dackman View Post
          Sure enough, working on blazers. Just snagged the Gray Cotton Herringbone Blazer ($198) for $76.09 shipped.
          MOM! Strangers on the internet are buying blazers I want at prices I can afford! And they are not sharing their card

Comment

Wait, how does this deal work? Only for cardholders?

Comment

We get a deal, but the loophole gets cardholders a great one. So join me in our slow depressed walk back home (nothing to see here, typical BR shenanigans)

Comment

My wallet thanks BR for not having that size in stock.
                6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                  Wait, how does this deal work? Only for cardholders?
                  Looks like it, I tried checking out as a guest and couldn't get either to apply.

Comment

~100 for their leather messengers / briefs. Worth it?

Comment

Straight high-way robbery.

Comment

I have a personal rule at this stage in my life/finances to not open up a store CC to justify getting a deal, so I'm going to have to pass, though I really would love a buuunch of linen shirts right now.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                          I have a personal rule at this stage in my life/finances to not open up a store CC to justify getting a deal, so I'm going to have to pass, though I really would love a buuunch of linen shirts right now.
                          And that is a wise rule to live by. I'm justifying my purchase with PayPal funds earned from closet cleaning earlier in the month. I'm mentally pushing shirts across the closet rack seeing whats heading to the ebay photo lab next.

Comment

A good rule. My only two store cards are a BR card, which I used to get a deal on a coat a few years ago, and a Target Red card, for the free shipping and 5% discount. I paid off all my CC debt a few years ago (loans, car, et al) and it feels great.

Comment

So BR goofed on their codes, which means big discounts for cardholders. They're offering 40% off with the normal exculsions with BRPRESALE. Then, they sent out a mailer with another 40% off (no exclusions) code: SUMSALE13. Even though the former is supposed to have exclusions, it seems to work on almost everything (definitely blazers). Stock is pretty low in my size (small), but I was able to pick up some good stuff. The whole discount comes out to 64% off (40% off, then 40% off of that discounted price).
                              Good looking out. Just placed 2 orders. Got a bunch of socks for $3 each, boxers at $5 each, and picked up those suede oxfords for $50, and a cardigan my wife had told me to keep an eye out for. Got to use my $30 credit I had saved up as well. Might place a 3rd order with stuff that I'm iffy about. It is free returns and me being Luxe, I get free shipping no matter the amount.

This is true, but I've done a couple of these stacking purchases before and they didn't cancel those. YMMV.
                              Same.

I've decided I'm done with BR suits and blazers. I've found that after I add in tailoring, they cost me almost as much as JCrew Ludlow blazers would (since they require zero tailoring on me besides shortening the sleeves).

Comment

Yup. I've been going back and forth on this all day. I had my cart loaded several times and walked away, but I finally caved. I wound up with the tailored plaid linen blazer (full price $275) for $89 with the two stacked codes and a $10 reward.

Comment

Working...
                                X