This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DXLi View Post
    Via PTO: Sierra Trading Post just restocked their cedar shoe trees, and for today only, you can take another 30% off and get $0.99 shipping with the code SAU10515. That brings these down to about $12 a piece plus tax.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/ced...r-men~p~94022/
    Code no longer works

Comment

Allen Edmonds Yuma on sale for $100 at Land's End

http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-alle...255392_-1.html

Comment

So BR goofed on their codes, which means big discounts for cardholders. They're offering 40% off with the normal exculsions with BRPRESALE. Then, they sent out a mailer with another 40% off (no exclusions) code: SUMSALE13. Even though the former is supposed to have exclusions, it seems to work on almost everything (definitely blazers). Stock is pretty low in my size (small), but I was able to pick up some good stuff. The whole discount comes out to 64% off (40% off, then 40% off of that discounted price).

Comment

Just don't be too surprised if BR goes back and cancels orders. Sometimes these things slip through and sometimes they don't. It's always a bit of a risk to try and take advantage of what is almost certainly not an intentional promotion (2 stacking 40% discounts).
          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
            Just don't be too surprised if BR goes back and cancels orders. Sometimes these things slip through and sometimes they don't. It's always a bit of a risk to try and take advantage of what is almost certainly not an intentional promotion (2 stacking 40% discounts).
            Agreed, but there's no harm in trying.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
              So BR goofed on their codes, which means big discounts for cardholders. They're offering 40% off with the normal exculsions with BRPRESALE. Then, they sent out a mailer with another 40% off (no exclusions) code: SUMSALE13. Even though the former is supposed to have exclusions, it seems to work on almost everything (definitely blazers). Stock is pretty low in my size (small), but I was able to pick up some good stuff. The whole discount comes out to 64% off (40% off, then 40% off of that discounted price).
              My lord. This is totally bananas.

Comment

I tried to get some underwear and it told me the SUMSALE13 code didn't apply.

btw, anyone know of a place I can get some decent boxer briefs for under $15 a bloody pair?

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                  Agreed, but there's no harm in trying.
                  That depends on whether BR cancels your order after both promotions have expired. From a practical perspective, BR is unlikely to "modify" your order to increase the price (which would require your consent or a new transaction). Instead they likely will cancel it. Unless you can schmooze customer service into back-dating a new order with just one promotion applied, you might lose the opportunity to use either of those 40% discounts.

Just a possibility, and something to keep in mind.
                  Ben

Comment

Originally posted by DerekH View Post
                    I tried to get some underwear and it told me the SUMSALE13 code didn't apply.

btw, anyone know of a place I can get some decent boxer briefs for under $15 a bloody pair?
                    Walmart. Seriously.

Also, for the BR deal, their socks are 20% off if you buy two pairs or more... plus two 40% off codes and they come to 28.8% of original price. Great if you only want one item to fill the cart for free shipping.
                    Last edited by John Hamnett; June 18, 2013, 01:47 PM.
                    6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

Unless you can schmooze customer service into back-dating a new order with just one promotion applied, you might lose the opportunity to use either of those 40% discounts.
                      This has never been a problem for me.

Comment

This is true, but I've done a couple of these stacking purchases before and they didn't cancel those. YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekH View Post
                          Can't you get Calvin Klein boxer briefs for around $12 from basically every discounter? Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Burlington Coat Factory, Saks Off Fifth, C21, etc ...

Comment

one of my favorite pairs is a black cotton one from uniqlo... it was $2 or $3 and for some reason i like it more than those $18 exiffico ones that everyone goes on about

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                              Can't you get Calvin Klein boxer briefs for around $12 from basically every discounter? Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Burlington Coat Factory, Saks Off Fifth, C21, etc ...
                              This.
                              Ever since discovering nicer non-exercise underwear I've bought nothing but Calvin Klein and 2(X)ist stuff from Marshalls and TJ Maxx. Normally around the $12 mark, but I've gotten a few pairs for $6-$8 with a clearance tag on them (I just don't get a color selection).
                              Measurements: 6'2", 173 lbs, 16" neck, 35/36" sleeve, 42" chest, 32" waist, 33.5" inseam

Comment

FWIW, my BR order just shipped.

Comment

Working...
                                X