Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deals Around the Net: Open Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by LosRockets View Post

    (That being said I did a tally and I've spent ~$1200 on 7 pairs of AE, the W1K boots, 1 pair of suede bucks, casual boots, and a pair of boat shoes since summer 2011... that's a vacation right there. Need to stop. Now.)
    on the plus side, you only spent $1200 for a really nice collection there

    Comment


      6" board shorts $17.50 free shipping at American Eagle, lots of sizes available. I've got a pair (resenting that I bought them right before the sale...), and they're a great budget swim trunk if you're looking for a trim mid-thigh boardshort. The medium is almost too tight on me and BR Gavins in 32" waist fit me perfectly.

      Solid black/gray: http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product...catId=cat90074

      Bright striped: http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product...catId=cat90074

      Also, all clearance is half off and free shipping is available on everything. Sizes are scarce on most of the other good stuff, though.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
        That was a seriously great code. I've kinda been watching OSB for a while but they are tough to find on sale.
        I read on SF last night that they briefly had shell cordovan OSB stuff in stock when the sale started!

        Comment


          $108 for a really nice Citizen Eco Drive chronograph at Jomadeals.com today. 4.5 star reviews on Amazon.

          Ben

          Comment


            Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
            As low as $65. I've got a $20 vente-privee credit I need to use... I just don't know how these will fit. 15.5/35 in CT ESF so I'm guessing I should get a skinny from borrelli, can anyone comment?
            They run pretty wide. I am wearing a "vintage" collection right now and had to have the sides and sleeves taken in by my tailor. They are nice shirts, but do not seem to be the same quality as Borelli from years passed and most do not have those gorgeous thick mother of peal buttons. At the same time, the fabrics have a nice soft feel and drape.

            Comment


              More drops at Mr Porter! Now up to 70% off!

              Comment


                Fred - is AMI considered a goo brand? They have a set of canvas chukkas left in my size that I'm considering. Will these be significantly better than Clark's desert boots?

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                  Fred - is AMI considered a goo brand? They have a set of canvas chukkas left in my size that I'm considering. Will these be significantly better than Clark's desert boots?
                  I've never tried their shoes, but pretty much anything Mr Porter carries is probably a good brand. I know I've seen AMI at Barney's too so it's probably pretty nice.

                  Comment


                    I went ahead and picked it up. I figure its free returns so why not at least chek them out. Looks like I got the last pair.

                    https://www.mrporter.com/product/336980

                    Comment


                      Nothing too fancy for me, but I just got a Margaret Howell polo, a couple of Anderson's woven belts and a bunch of Richard James socks. The Drakes ties for $46-51 are all steals but I really don't need any more ties.

                      Comment


                        I was looking at the Drakes ties but they didn't have any I really liked. There was a mad-hatter one I was considering but it sold out while I was deciding.

                        I was considering some of their belts but I don't like the fact that they don't list the width for me. When they say a belt fits true to size, does that mean if I'm a 32 that I should order a 34 as you normally would? Or is it assumed that you should order 1 size up from your waist size so TTS means your normal 34 belt size? Hope that made sense.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                          I was looking at the Drakes ties but they didn't have any I really liked. There was a mad-hatter one I was considering but it sold out while I was deciding.

                          I was considering some of their belts but I don't like the fact that they don't list the width for me. When they say a belt fits true to size, does that mean if I'm a 32 that I should order a 34 as you normally would? Or is it assumed that you should order 1 size up from your waist size so TTS means your normal 34 belt size? Hope that made sense.
                          I assume order up so a 32 would order a 34. I've returned lots of stuff to Mr Porter before though. Whenever there's a drop like this morning a lot of stuff will be gone in an hour or two so I generally don't hesitate or someone else will grab them. It's easy enough to send it back if it doesn't work out.

                          Comment


                            Yeah, those shoes were gone quick. A lot of the belts are gone in my size too. I bit on a brown elastic belt. The 2 items I decided to pick up:


                            Comment


                              Originally posted by AngusM View Post
                              6" board shorts $17.50 free shipping at American Eagle, lots of sizes available. I've got a pair (resenting that I bought them right before the sale...), and they're a great budget swim trunk if you're looking for a trim mid-thigh boardshort. The medium is almost too tight on me and BR Gavins in 32" waist fit me perfectly.

                              Solid black/gray: http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product...catId=cat90074

                              Bright striped: http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product...catId=cat90074

                              Also, all clearance is half off and free shipping is available on everything. Sizes are scarce on most of the other good stuff, though.
                              Thanks for the heads up. I bought a striped pair. The site didn't mention a liner, but I figure I'll take the risk since you mentioned they were the same as the Original Penguin pair mentioned on the main site. I guess if they don't I can always purchase cheap underwear to wear with these.

                              Mwahaha, I bought the last pair of these two pants in 32x34

                              Last edited by Xeones25; June 17, 2013, 09:46 AM.
                              Measurements: 6'2", 173 lbs, 16" neck, 35/36" sleeve, 42" chest, 32" waist, 33.5" inseam

                              Comment


                                EDIT: Code is dead.
                                Last edited by DXLi; June 17, 2013, 11:46 AM.
                                Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~Twain

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X