Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed their (Mr. Porter's) New Balances were sold out pretty quickly. Other than those and some Sperrys, the rest were really kinda outta my price range, ATM. Sure dug those Common Projects Achilles, though. But yeah, $280 (on *sale*) for some suede sneakers is a bit much for my wallet right now.

Cool link though, Fred. Nice to see some new (to me) offerings, especially in footwear. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Zeejet View Post
      The flip flops are the only things on there that I might consider.

Mr.Porter is way too expensive to consider, even on sale. I checked it out in hopes that something might actually be reasonable, but all these items are things you might find in GQ (aka. you need to have a 6 figure salary to shop). When a 50% off cardigan is 460 bucks...you can only dream.
      Need more than a 6 figure salary!

What's odd is the John Smedley pullover I want(bond one) is $270 but I can order it direct from JS for 115 quid(GBP) which is about $170...wtf!

Comment

I really want the navy SWIMS loafers, but not at $110.

If they're still available when the next round of price drops happens, and I can get them for $70ish, it may be a different story.

Comment

I also almost bought the olive colored Jack Purcells but then thought 'how often am I really going to wear them and do I need another pair of shoes'?

Comment

Originally posted by Zeejet View Post
            Mr.Porter is way too expensive to consider, even on sale.
            Yes and no. Some stuff obviously has mind boggling price tags, but their J. Crew stuff is cheaper than on J. Crew's own site even with the current 30% off code.

Comment

^^

Just to add in, it's sometimes worth the extra price.
              Wore my sea island CT shirt out on the weekend, my god I love it, people were drawn to touch it as well as it just looks that step above every other shirt.
              Same with the suit supply suit I wore out, that little extra cashmere in the wool makes it more touchable, sure it cost me $600 after tailoring but it's ever so slightly better than my black lapel, dragon inside suits.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                Yes and no. Some stuff obviously has mind boggling price tags, but their J. Crew stuff is cheaper than on J. Crew's own site even with the current 30% off code.
                Some crazy good deals can be had, like Fred has said. Wait and see what is left when the prices drop further. I scored some fantastic Grenson boots for just over $100 shipped last time around.
                "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                  Sure dug those Common Projects Achilles, though. But yeah, $280 (on *sale*) for some suede sneakers is a bit much for my wallet right now.
                  BTW, if you like the white Achilles, Kent Wang's sneaker is quite similar and only $95.
                  http://www.kentwang.com/shoes/sneaker-white.html#

Comment

I splurged big time and grabbed a Drake's tie (which subsequently sold out, so I don't have to anxiously wait to see if I could have gotten a better deal at the next price drop). I'm usually not brand conscious in the least, but for some reason have been dying to own something by them for some time now. Hopefully the quality merits the extra cash when it arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by Sartorialist View Post
                      I splurged big time and grabbed a Drake's tie (which subsequently sold out, so I don't have to anxiously wait to see if I could have gotten a better deal at the next price drop). I'm usually not brand conscious in the least, but for some reason have been dying to own something by them for some time now. Hopefully the quality merits the extra cash when it arrives.
                      I love Drake's stuff too. The only thing I bought was this square which also has already sold out. FYI, you can often find Drake's ties for cheap at NM Last Call if you have a good one that gets Bergdorf mark-downs.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                        BTW, if you like the white Achilles, Kent Wang's sneaker is quite similar and only $95.
                        http://www.kentwang.com/shoes/sneaker-white.html#
                        Thanks for the hitback, Fred. I currently have these Jack Purcells, which are pretty similar too. Got them for a great price at a local Marshalls last year. They're a touch too long (probably should've sized down a half size), so I have some inserts in them and have been wearing no-show socks with them too - both which helped to tighten the fit down for me. They'll just have to suffice for now.

Comment

So Target has the Merona polos for $9 with a free $5 gift card currently (tall sizes for $15).

Are these the Target polos that Joe goes on about on the main site? I remember seeing ones that he said had a great fit, but the pictures on the site make them look pretty big.
                          Last edited by Xeones25; June 3, 2013, 04:20 PM.
                          Measurements: 6'2", 173 lbs, 16" neck, 35/36" sleeve, 42" chest, 32" waist, 33.5" inseam

Comment

It says classic fit in the description, so I guess not.

btw, Joe was talking about Mossimo Trim Fit Polos in this article. http://dappered.com/2013/05/the-most...ns-style-list/ if that's the one you were talking about.
                            Last edited by flyinghippo; June 3, 2013, 05:45 PM.

Comment

JCP has a $10 off of $50, $25 off of $100 sale going on, plus those Claiborne suede wingtips that Joe seems to like are on sale for $45 instead of the usual $60.

Comment

Originally posted by bbas1020 View Post
                                JCP has a $10 off of $50, $25 off of $100 sale going on, plus those Claiborne suede wingtips that Joe seems to like are on sale for $45 instead of the usual $60.
                                I believe that is an online only sale. The Sunday ad says $10 off a $10 purchase online and in store (w/JCP Card, but they've yet to ask for my card when I've been in the store with similar deals.)

Comment

Working...
                                X