This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Alan,

Yes, I ordered the Beckmans. I have wanted these for a long time. They are a high quality boot that look great.

Comment

That woodland jacket looks great. $72 is an amazing price for it.

@mystix, thanks... I think I'll check out the Levi's outlet near me

Comment

The university coat is a very boxy cut, even in the slim size. I tried the slim thinsulate, but ended up returning it because it was far too heavy and too casual styling to be of use for me.

Comment

Got the woodland in medium (wasn't avail in med slim, so went with med regular), and Beckman boots in 8.5 and 9. Also a purple factory gingham shirt.

Called to verify, but you can return the certain sale items via mail or to a store - the Red Wings and the woodland jacket can be returned. The factory shirt was "final" ie no returns. All this was clearly delineated in the online checkout, but I called to verify.

Comment

@Weng, my order confirmation for the woodland jacket says "Note: This item is final sale and cannot be returned or exchanged." Is yours different?

Comment

Factory wool walking coat, XS and S available, $48 with the discount.

Comment

@trash: Just called J.Crew. The woodland jacket is indeed "final sale" and cannot be returned. The Red Wings aren't final sale and can be returned or mailed back within 60 days.

Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

The jcrew Irvine jacket is tempting. Does anyone have experience with its sizing? Based on their size chart, I should be a Small, but after trying some items on in-store (unfortunately they didn't have that particular jacket), it seems I'm closer to an xs.

Comment

For people who have owned or tried on the Bayswater Peacoat, what are your thoughts? I'm 6'0 170, with 38" chest. According to their size chart, I should be in a Tall which only comes in navy. I'm wondering if it will be too boxy on me?

Comment

@rbm: I can't speak from experience owning it, but anything in a "tall" should just mean that the arms, waist, and total length are all longer. Chest size is chest size. So the sizing makes sense to me. Besides, you'll want at least a little wiggle room if it's going over anything with padding like knit sweaters or a suit jacket.

Comment

On another note... the Red Wings aren't final sale? They're becoming harder and harder to resist. :-P Darnit! I could do it, but it's not in the budget.

So what can I sell to make $150 quickly... :-P

Comment

Is it possible to stack the OURTREAT code with free shipping?

Comment

I bought the harvest herringbone in "navy" (aka charcoal)... $120 shipped, just $108 before tax and S&H. I've got my fingers crossed that it fits, but based on all the comments I've heard on Ludlow I'm pretty certain it will.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/catalogjcrewcomexclusives/sportcoatsouterwear/PRDOVR~30948/99102440701/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~~20+16+4294967206~15~~ ~~~~~/30948.jsp

@ Alan - Stack free shipping? Is there a separate free shipping code? If you're asking whether you can get free shipping at the $175 limit, I'm pretty sure you can, but I'm also fairly certain that it only applies to the post-discount price, so you will need to pony up the full $175. If you're not too far under the threshold you might add an inexpensive non-final sale item and return it in-store.

Ben

Comment

Oh, I'm far from the threshold. I'll just suck it up. I'm just trying to find a dress for my wife as a birthday gift, but I'm a little scared of screwing it up since there are no returns. :-P

Comment

Ordered the beckman and the 2904, will be returning one. Love the color on the beckman, but not the toe stitching. Love the color and upper style on the 2904, but not the sole. If that 2904 had a lug sole, it would be the perfect beater boot. I may have to make it so.

Comment

Working...
                                X