Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had mine cancelled too. Wanted to offer $199 for 5 shirts, which isn't too bad of a deal, but I declined. They claimed there was a "system bug" and they're looking into it.

Comment

System Bug = someone made a mistake and let two offers overlap in an unusual way and now we're backpedaling and not even matching the pricing of one of our most well known competitors, TM Lewin.
      My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

Originally posted by John Hamnett View Post
        I've had companies cancel on me plenty of times. Call it the Slickdeals effect... missed out on a >$1k guitar amp that was listed at $150 because of that.
        lol, true, you win some, you lose some. Got the call from CT about system issue and if I wanted to go ahead for the shirts at $49...

Comment

I wonder why Tyrwhitt gets so much more love on the threads than T M Lewin. I've ordered from Tyrwhitt 3 or 4 times during sales that were posted about a lot here, but I didn't even know that this Lewin sale was going on.

Comment

They both use the practically perpetual sales model. I honestly have no clue why CT gets more love. If you want to be a conspiracy theorist you could guess that the posts about CT sales are generated by CT reps in disguise. Could be true I guess. Other than that, I have no clue.

Regarding TML, I don't even think anyone has mentioned this, but it's just another feather in their cap (as opposed to CT). Their shirts do NOT come with back darts. They simply cut their shirts with the appropriate amount of material. I certainly prefer this because if I ever drop more weight I would have the option of making the TML slimmer by quickly adding darts.
            My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

Wish I knew about TML sooner, their fully fitted shirt has a nice drop. Probably won't be buying from CT in the future, not because they cancelled our orders but because their extra slim fit has no drop. Wish TML had a few more styles and the choice of button or double cuff one every shirt. Also wish they had the chest and waist measurements of the casual shirts, anyone have experience with those?
              Last edited by Redford; February 26, 2013, 03:54 PM.
              5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

I prefer Charles Tyrwhitt because, based on my personal experience, CT has better quality clothing and better customer service. I find TM Lewin's collars to be unattractive, and they rarely offer patterns that appeal to me.

I also got the order cancellation call from Charles Tyrwhitt this evening.

Comment

I only have worn CT, so I can't personally compare, but from reading the various fora TM Lewin seems to be judged a bit lower in quality.

You guys getting all in a snit about CT cancelling your orders are going a little over the top IMO. It was a computer error; an error, not a deal they ever intended to offer. If your bank has a glitch and extra money goes into your account you don't get to keep it; it was never yours. We collectively realized there was an error and we all tried to benefit from the malfunction; CT caught the error and fixed it.

Comment

Perhaps this may ameliorate the CT teeth gnashing: BB has shirts and more on sale.
                    http://www.brooksbrothers.com/sale/m...efault,sc.html

Comment

I got a cancellation call. I've looked at TM before and I wasn't impressed with the patterns, similar to bruschetta. I looked again today and again saw few I liked. Furthermore, what bothers me about TM is that not every shirt is available as button cuff. I'm heading into a profession where IMO I shouldn't be wearing cufflinks (especially now as I am currently a student). That's going to lose my business.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                        I'm heading into a profession where IMO I shouldn't be wearing cufflinks (especially now as I am currently a student). That's going to lose my business.
                        I've been around physicians who wear cufflinks, but it's usually the older ones that focus more on administrative duties.

Comment

You're right, it's not like I *can't* rather I think it would be inappropriate at my current level/age.

Comment

Originally posted by redbeardedmike View Post
                            I wonder why Tyrwhitt gets so much more love on the threads than T M Lewin. I've ordered from Tyrwhitt 3 or 4 times during sales that were posted about a lot here, but I didn't even know that this Lewin sale was going on.
                            Can't speak to TML but I'll share my thoughts on CT. The reason I was drawn to them in the first place (recently, too) was because of four things:
                            1. Fit: basically as slim as could be on me
                            2. Patterns and colors: lots of basic patterns in basic colors (herringbone, variety of stripes, different sizes of gingham)
                            3. Collars: seems like a minute detail, but most other places, with exceptions of course, I've purchased dress shirts from (BR, J Crew, Nordstrom, Neimans) don't have the extra spread/semi cutaway collars.
                            4. Price to quality ratio: Got each shirt for either $40 or $50. That's around the same price as NM Trim Fit shirts on Last Call and around Nord's sale prices. The quality of CT is around the same as, if not better than, those two for me.

Consider my two cents added

Comment

Just got the call today. Although I don't intend to take them up on it, I think their offer was more than fair. The pricing was clearly a mistake, and I jumped on it on the off chance that they'd honor it.

Comment

CT also has the advantage of having B&M stores in the US, which TML doesn't. When I was first learning about clothes, I chose CT over TML because I could walk into a store and try on their shirts. Their shirts fit me about as well as I can hope for OTR shirts, so I've never even bothered w/ TML. Why risk the cost of shipping if I order from TML and don't like it?

Comment

Working...
                                X