X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CT deal is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by diversification View Post
      Every shirt you mentioned was one that I seriously considered and I got the same tie as you: good call. I also have the H&V Bomber on the way in a Large. Approximately how long did it take for your order to be processed? Did you get the shipping email 1 - 2 days after ordering as quoted? Anyway, here's to hoping it fits me as well as it does you. Regarding the zipper, would you say it's concerning in a "this might break quickly" way?
      Thanks for the vote of confidence (serious, good to know that I'm getting better at this).
      I got the shipping confirmation within two days, I'd have to check my e-mail to be absolutely sure, but I believe it was the next business day.
      I don't know about break, but I can definitely see them getting stuck a lot. I can't say I'm the best judge here since the only zippers I've really messed with that aren't YKK are the cheap plastic ones on cheap zip-up "sweaters" and nike jackets.
      It kind of feels like the zippers were taken straight out of a mold and not smoothed out or polished before install (not sure if companies actually do that).
      Measurements: 6'2", 173 lbs, 16" neck, 35/36" sleeve, 42" chest, 32" waist, 33.5" inseam

Comment

I just tested the deal again. Mixto is right; it no longer works. This makes me think that Charles Tyrwhitt is going to cancel our orders.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
          I just tested the deal again. Mixto is right; it no longer works. This makes me think that Charles Tyrwhitt is going to cancel our orders.
          I would be surprised.
          Its been 24 hours already..havent heard anything... and I contacted them last night in regards to a change which they got back to me already with.
          The deal is probably dead, but I think existing orders are fine.

Comment

Thanks for the info, Xeones25. Haven't gotten my confirmation email yet, but hopefully I'll see it soon.

Regarding canceling the existing orders, I think that would be an extraordinary way to lose potential return customers while simultaneously causing an outcry heard across the various style forums and into Reddit.
            My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

Thanks for the info, Xeones25. Haven't gotten my confirmation email yet, but hopefully I'll see it soon.

Regarding canceling the existing orders, I think that would be an extraordinary way to lose potential return customers while simultaneously causing an outcry heard across the various style forums and into Reddit.
              Just got a voicemail from them. They canceled my order due to a "pricing mistake" and offered me 4 shirts for 199 along with a free tie and 1 additional free shirt.

Probably not going to take the offer. I would rather order from TM Lewin instead at that price :P

Comment

Companies do have the right to cancel orders due to a pricing mistake, but that's a spectacularly crappy offer. The only ties of theirs worth having are either a black silk knit or that sold out navy pindot, and at $40/apiece, I got a slightly better deal on the shirts when I combined the Living Social deal with the 4 for $200. I don't know if TM Lewin is necessarily any better (they seemed on-par based on my comparisons in thrift shops) but I also don't need to buy 5 shirts at that price right now.

Comment

If they cancel my order they can expect to see me disregard them as a valid option until another ridiculous deal rolls around. This is the real world: if you make a mistake, own it and learn from it. I don't respect or trust a company that is going to backpedal like this.

EDIT: For those interested, TML has shirts that are slimmer, are of equivalent quality and have similar styles. They're typically slightly less exclusive too.
                  My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

Originally posted by denwhat View Post
                    Just got a voicemail from them. They canceled my order due to a "pricing mistake" and offered me 4 shirts for 199 along with a free tie and 1 additional free shirt.

Probably not going to take the offer. I would rather order from TM Lewin instead at that price :P
                    Aw, bummer. Well, looks like I just saved $120! I figured there was a good chance of the orders being canceled, happens enough with slickdeals stuff. I'm a little bummed that I won't get to try out their shirts now though. Back to my Lands' End stuff.

*I would just like to say that I haven't seen a cancellation e-mail yet. Just expecting it at this point.
                    Measurements: 6'2", 173 lbs, 16" neck, 35/36" sleeve, 42" chest, 32" waist, 33.5" inseam

Comment

Yea, It was mostly a joke. I do prefer TM's fully fitted versus CT's Tailored/Extra Slim since they are slimmer and I personally feel the fabric is nicer. Although the major peeve I have with TM is that their shirts should be a bit longer so they stay tucked in easier. As of now its kinda too long to be un-tucked but a tad too short.

Either way I agree they have the right to cancel, but with that offer I have to decline. If they met somewhere closer to around 30ish per shirt (like their previous sales) I may have considered.

FYI I never got a cancellation email. Just a call earlier. They may be closed now as it is now 9pm in London, so maybe tomorrow for you guys?

Comment

Is there something at TM Lewin equivalent to the CT ESF? Something slimmer is probably too slim for me.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                          Is there something at TM Lewin equivalent to the CT ESF? Something slimmer is probably too slim for me.
                          The fully fitted shirts are only slightly slimmer in my experience. I just looked up the measurements again though and tbh, they really seem pretty similar.

Comment

The fully fitted shirts are only slightly slimmer in my experience. I just looked up the measurements again though and tbh, they really seem pretty similar.
                            The measurements are the same, but the actual shirts have a noticeable difference. I ordered a bunch of shirts from ct and tm when I first started my job and kept all the tm and just 1 ct. I will try to take pictures of them on top of each other to show you guys the difference, but I personally feel its quite noticeable.

Comment

Just got my cancellation call.

Comment

Order Cancelled

Originally posted by Xeones25 View Post
                                Just got my cancellation call.
                                I got my cancellation voicemail about 2 hours ago. I can't say that I'm mad or surprised--I just know I can't afford 215 for 5 shirts and a tie.

Comment

Working...
                                X