Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redford is the man of the hour for telling us about this deal. I got the sky twill puppytooth spread collar, the sky twill, navy check casual shirt, blue and green multi stripe casual shirt, and the blue mini herringbone spread.

LosRockets, I have the white twill already -- it's a good shirt. I considered that navy/red check shirt, but I couldn't gauge the boldness of the pattern. You'll have to share some pictures in the WIWT thread at some point! To answer your question, it depends on the shirt. If I am in love with a shirt then I have no problem with the extra cost.

Comment

Thx Redford & Bruschetta for this unbelievable deal. Have been too reluctant to pay $40/shirt, at $24ish/shirt, it's no brainer. I suppose we are still limited to 1 order(deal) per shipping/billing address, correct?

Comment

@Bruschetta - I need to get around to doing WIWT posts in general! Always a bit worried about being identified because of the career path I'm on but it shouldn't be too much of an issue. I'm excited for the white twill as it'll be only my second white dress (non OCBD) shirt. I'm looking forward to seeing the casual shirts, I've always been tempted by them but have never take then chance. As for the navy/red check shirt, my hope is that from far away it appears fairly solid, the pattern seems small, on scale with the puppytooth I have. Also hopeful that the blue hairline actually has that blueish/grayish look that the picture portrayed. I have a sky blue regular herringbone in slim fit and really like it - it's not excessively shiny but it stands out in a subtle way. At times the material seems... synthetic to me, but I could just be overthinking it.

@mixto - one per shipping/billing address AFAIK. On previous deals CT has canceled multiple orders.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
          @Bruschetta - I need to get around to doing WIWT posts in general! Always a bit worried about being identified because of the career path I'm on but it shouldn't be too much of an issue.
          Wouldn't mind seeing you in the WIWT LR. You're a longtime vet of this place. I think as long as you're wearing your White coat and Steth no one will be able to ID you.

Comment

I ordered too. Wouldn't be at all surprised if it winds up not being honored, but it's worth the gamble.

Comment

thanks redford and bruschetta..I jumped on it...
              I would be v.disappointed if they canceled my first order with them.

Comment

great find on the Tyrwhitt, thanks. Couldn't pass up at that price. Didn't really need any shirts so just purchased some offbeat colors.

Comment

It worked for me too, but my wife said I don't need them so I didn't complete the purchase.

Comment

Curse you all, haha. Making me spend money.
                    I also went in on five shirts. I went with the sky gingham, pink gingham, lilac twill puppyooth, white peached business casual, and blue mini herringbone. All non-iron and extra slim (funny how the extra slim is the only one with a waist measurement smaller than chest measurement). I picked up the red dotted tie as my freebie.
                    I nearly jumped on CT shirts back when they had shirt+tie for $40 plus shipping. This was too good to pass up. I guess if I'm going to try a new brand I'll go all in. Even buying my first purple and pink shirts.

As for the Hollywood&Vain bomber jacket. I picked mine up today (size L). The fit is great. My only complaint is the zippers. I've never understood what people meant when they said the zipper was "crunchy" before since just about everything I own uses YKK zippers. The only word I can think to describe the zippers on this thing is "crunchy."
                    Measurements: 6'2", 173 lbs, 16" neck, 35/36" sleeve, 42" chest, 32" waist, 33.5" inseam

Comment

Cole Haan Men's Air Charles Chukka in Desert Gold (yeah, not a great color... but...) under $70.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=dappered-20

Comment

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I don't seem to be able to get it below the $199 deal. Maybe they've caught on to this already?

Comment

<My usual whine>Gaah I wish CT made my size!</rant>

Comment

Originally posted by Xeones25 View Post
                            As for the Hollywood&Vain bomber jacket. I picked mine up today (size L). The fit is great. My only complaint is the zippers. I've never understood what people meant when they said the zipper was "crunchy" before since just about everything I own uses YKK zippers. The only word I can think to describe the zippers on this thing is "crunchy."
                            Every shirt you mentioned was one that I seriously considered and I got the same tie as you: good call. I also have the H&V Bomber on the way in a Large. Approximately how long did it take for your order to be processed? Did you get the shipping email 1 - 2 days after ordering as quoted? Anyway, here's to hoping it fits me as well as it does you. Regarding the zipper, would you say it's concerning in a "this might break quickly" way?
                            My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

Originally posted by Dev View Post
                              Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I don't seem to be able to get it below the $199 deal. Maybe they've caught on to this already?
                              I had this same problem. I had to try 3 or 4 times until I was able to get the 5 shirts and tie for $119, but it eventually worked. Keep trying!

Comment

I've tried 3 times, and it keeps ringing up to be $263 all total at the end. I'm following bruschetta's method, but it's just not going through. I guess I don't NEED 5 new dress shirts...

Comment

Working...
                                X