Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI he's out of the M in the bomber. I ordered a L last night which he agreed with. My chest measures 41" or 42" but I also typically find that 40R or 40L works the best on me in suit jackets. I hope that his measures are more true...
    My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

I've got a L Bomber jacket coming in today (also measure 42ish chest). I'll edit this post once it comes in and I can try it on.

Also, as a heads up for the Lands' End stuff. Everything that is marked down is an extra 50% off in store. I picked up three pairs of the different rugby socks for $5 each, though not the colors currently on the website (I remember seeing them on the site back around Black Friday), and a pair of Elston chinos for $17 (Sorrel, not seeing that particular color on the site either). You could also pick up the Comer chinos for under $15 (gray, green, yellow, khaki, and a slightly darker khaki). Unfortunately they didn't have any of those in my size.
      Measurements: 6'2", 173 lbs, 16" neck, 35/36" sleeve, 42" chest, 32" waist, 33.5" inseam

Comment

Originally posted by MaxMan View Post
        both! asked the sales lady what was going on, and she said they were trying to make room for the spring stuff.
        I went by today and it was 50% off already marked down items and 30% off everything else. I just looked through the sale stuff and didn't find anything I liked in my size so I got off easy.

Comment

How to get 5 Charles Tyrwhitt Shirts and a tie for $119. I posted this on reddit/fmf:

I got an email about the 4 for $199 deal and didn't actually plan to buy anything. I found 4 extra slim fit shirts, added free tie (only 6 to choose from that were all 8.5 cm wide) and then a deal offer popped up for another shirt at 25 pounds more. Which is really odd because I'm in the US and the deals are always in USD for me. Well, anyway added another shirt and all the shirts in my cart were like $20.83 with the tie being free and $14.95 or so for shipping. At this point I decided not to ask and hit order. This is the link for the deal: http://www.ctshirts.com/3CSBB1

Someone said this might be combinable with the Groupon offer currently running.
          5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

Redford's deal works for me. I would jump on this, but I don't actually see 5 shirts that I want. It could be a great way for someone to pick up essential solid-colored shirts.

Comment

I jumped on the deal, went through for me. Lets see if it gets cancelled

Comment

Wont let me combine it with a groupon. Any ideas? I even tried using the groupon to buy a gift certificate...

Comment

Tried this on my mobile... Not seeing the offer for the fifth shirt...
                  My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

I wound up placing an order after all. At some point I'll have to take a picture of my closet for you guys: it is shirt-centric, and I just added another 5 to the pack.

The process is very buggy. Follow these steps:

1. Clear your browser's cookies and cache.
                    2. Copy and paste http://www.ctshirts.com/3CSBB1 into your address bar. Don't click the link.
                    3. Click on the "4 shirts for $199" link.
                    4. Add your shirts individually by opening them up in new tabs. When you add the 4th shirt a pop up should appear saying "Add a shirt for £25". Click on it. Alternatively, you can do this later by clicking a link immediately below the "My Basket" link in the upper right hand corner.
                    5. Choose between the (ugly) free ties.

Once you add the tie to your cart you will NOT be able to change it, and you will not be able to change the promotion.

One screwy thing: it made me pay for "standard US shipping" even though I am located in the UK, and the promotion amounts were in mixed currencies. The promotion was for a £25 (twenty five pound) shirt, but it became $20.83 (twenty dollar and eighty three cents) in the cart.
                    Last edited by bruschetta; February 24, 2013, 04:52 PM.

Comment

I wish I needed anything like 5 shirts. And I wish that the ties were at least interesting. I'd order 1 shirt for $20.83. Some folks here who live in the same city should work out an order-share arrangement.

Comment

Everything Bruschetta said is absolutely correct. Follow it to the letter and you'll be fine. I

already had 4 dress shirts from CT and this added 5 more. All are spread collar, button cuff, and they're all solid or semi-solid except one. Got white twill, sky bengal, lilac mini herringbone (I have the dark purple puppytooth already and it's awesome), navy and red mini-check (gamble here), and blue hairline. I tried to avoid the standard "$140" poplin shirts as I've got a light pink and a blue one from CT and I don't like the material very much, but I found the "$160" shirt material to be much better. Got the dark navy textured tie. Hoping it looks decent.

I am constantly clearing out old and ill-fitting shirts from my closet and replacing them with better fitting ones. I have no luck thrifting shirts in my city because many people who wear nicer shirts are overweight, and if a shirt does fit my neck size, chances are the sleeves are too short (seriously I've come across way too many 15.5/32-33 Canali shirts, it's heartbreaking). Just over $20 for these is even better than the ~$38/shirt deal last fall when I combined the 4 for $200 w/ the Living Social deal. If they cancel the order I'll be upset!

Edit: Just curious, would you rather pay $45-70 for a a single thrifted Zegna/T&A/Canali/Borrelli shirt (the nearby consignment store sells them for about this price, with RLPL being priced higher) and then tack on $12 for alterations, or buy 2-3 CT shirts? As a student I can't justify the former but today's deal was much easier to swallow.
                        Last edited by LosRockets; February 24, 2013, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Thanks bruschetta, your instructions worked perfectly.

Comment

Just ordered. Thanks for the tip! Please note, this all needs to be done via computer (NOT smartphone). I got the Navy Gingham, Purple Gingham, blue puppytooth, white twill and lilac mini herringbone. I wish it let me choose one or two more at that price. The sky twill a few other gingham ones and the blue mini herringbone look pretty great.
                            Last edited by diversification; February 24, 2013, 06:12 PM.

Comment

@Diversification - do you mean this needs to be done via computer? Because that's how I did it.

Comment

Lol yep! Corrected.

Comment

Working...
                                X