Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He didnt have any of the bomber left in my size. But I grabbed one of the black moto jackets. I'm pretty pumped to see it

Comment

how is the sizing on these?

Comment

Originally posted by Redford View Post
        I just ordered the Astra Platinums for ~$8.50 for 100 via Amazon S&S but it won't ship until next month. Now I'm really considering cancelling that order and ordering the feathers instead. Really wish I tried Astras before to see if they're satisfactory. Anyone want to send me some?

shad0w where can you find Kai blades?
        Here you are my good man
        http://www.razorbladesandmore.com/ca...zor-blades/kai

Worth noting is that feather are $1 cheaper...but Honestly I think I might like Kai better as they seem to really last, both are excellent choices IMO if you need something to cut with minimal effort.

Just from my experience.(if you have soft beard you can use the duller ones and be gentler on your face is the way I believe it's intended)

Astra and Derby are quite...dullish

Murkur are the worst though.

I have the Personna barber and red etc, haven't really tried them that much to get a feel, but they were "meh" I've had the same Kai blade in for quite a few shaves now and it still seems very well, also be sure to flip your blades after a few shaves, gives you a few more I find.

And side note:

I ordered a 1 year pack from dorcousa.com of cartridge razors, 4 blade, 6 blade and some travel ones etc are all included, was about $25. I use this if I'm in a hurry and they are cheap enough I don't care if they sit and the blades rust, great for a quick in the shower shave followed by a touch up....this may be blasphemy but I'm single parent so...that works when I'm ultra busy!
        Last edited by shad0w4life; February 21, 2013, 01:19 AM.

Comment

FYI, LE and LEC B&M are having a 50% off everything and i mean everything sale.
          "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
          I>0<I

Comment

Originally posted by MaxMan View Post
            Ugh. Wish I had one in my area.

Comment

Was it 50% off full price items or an extra 50% off even already marked down items?

Comment

Shoes.com has 20% off all Clarks shoes with code CLARKS. Good through Saturday.

Comment

Land's End has 30% off everything on their website, not seeing 50%. I'm afraid I don't know what B&M is.

Comment

Brick and mortar. It means a physical store like you'd find in a mall (in other words, NOT online).
                    My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                      Was it 50% off full price items or an extra 50% off even already marked down items?
                      both! asked the sales lady what was going on, and she said they were trying to make room for the spring stuff.
                      "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                      I>0<I

Comment

Arrived in my inbox this morning.

Friends & Family, online and in stores, ends 2/26/13, 30% off enverything, + free shipping - $50 minimum
                        Last edited by g0sh; February 21, 2013, 12:10 PM.

Comment

I bought this LL Bean tie and it just arrived. It is tagged as 40% wool, the rest is synthetic. Still feels decent, but certainly not as soft as I wish it was. At $10, I got what I paid for.

Originally posted by JoeG View Post
                          L.L. Bean wool tie - $9.99

I purchased this tie back in December. It is an amazing tie for the price. The one review comments on the fabric blend, and says that it is not wool. However the one I received definitely is.
                          http://m.llbean.com/mt/www.llbean.com/llb/shop/74617

Comment

What are everyone's thoughts on the Thompson corded cotton blazer that Joe posted in this morning's Dappered style scenario? I like the look of it and can definitely see wearing it with a micro-gingham shirt and dark denim (or even off white chinos) during the spring/summer, but would it be a wise investment for a guy with a navy blazer as the only other staple in his closet? I have a suit purchase sometime in the near future (thinking JCrew ludlow when a sale hits, navy wool), but I'd also like to branch out a bit from navy. Is that "Newport Blue" color versatile/appropriate for a second blazer or should I focus on another staple color?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric F View Post
                              What are everyone's thoughts on the Thompson corded cotton blazer that Joe posted in this morning's Dappered style scenario? I like the look of it and can definitely see wearing it with a micro-gingham shirt and dark denim (or even off white chinos) during the spring/summer, but would it be a wise investment for a guy with a navy blazer as the only other staple in his closet? I have a suit purchase sometime in the near future (thinking JCrew ludlow when a sale hits, navy wool), but I'd also like to branch out a bit from navy. Is that "Newport Blue" color versatile/appropriate for a second blazer or should I focus on another staple color?
                              I think it's very versatile and it'll serve you pretty well to have one darker jacket and one lighter one. The only question is whether the blue color works as your lighter one. I think it will - there's not a whole lot that a light blue won't go with - though it may be slightly less versatile than something in a light gray.

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
                                how is the sizing on these?
                                Fit Guide (these are your body measurements, not garment measurements)
                                S: Chest (35"-38"), Sleeves (33"-34")
                                M: Chest (37"-39"), Sleeves (34"-35")
                                L: Chest (40"-42"), Sleeves (35"-36")
                                XL: Chest (43"-46), Sleeves (36"-37")
                                XXL: Chest (47"-50"), Sleeves (36"-37")

I wear a 40R, and he suggested I order the M for a slim fit

Comment

Working...
                                X