Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Brusch deal, gee I think stripes are out!

Apparently they are much nicer than Charles Tyrwhitt and TM lewin, I almost tried them before I found huge discount codes for CT/TM though...very tempted
    Last edited by shad0w4life; February 20, 2013, 05:08 PM.

Comment

I'm under the same impression. Unfortunately they appear to strongly favor double cuffs (aka French Cuffs) much like Hawes & Curtis. I think many folks (including myself) will look right by then because of this trend.
      My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

http://www.target.com/p/merona-men-s...d/-/A-14126038

Target Merona blackwatch messenger bag $8.74

Comment

shipping seems to be quite costly, £20.50 to the US??

Comment

@Div

Which trend, stripes?
            French Cuffs definitely aren't a trend, most suit cuffs are made to accomodate them as well. I personally avoid my button cuff shirts, they take longer than cufflinks, have no individuality, and are too small for my suit sleeves.

@Osi that's the normal fee for tyrwhitt, lewin and also herring shoes, meermin etc.

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
              @Osi that's the normal fee for tyrwhitt, lewin and also herring shoes, meermin etc.
              Tyrwhitt's is $14.95 and TM Lewin's is $15.

Comment

Talking UK BJM, I order everything from the UK site as it's much cheaper with exchange rate.

Comment

Talking UK BJM, I order everything from the UK site as it's much cheaper with exchange rate.
                  Gotcha

Comment

Ah, I see.

£20.50 = $32 for shipping. Ouch, haha.

Comment

@Div

Which trend, stripes?
                      French Cuffs definitely aren't a trend, most suit cuffs are made to accomodate them as well. I personally avoid my button cuff shirts, they take longer than cufflinks, have no individuality, and are too small for my suit sleeves.
                      Perhaps trend was the wrong word to use. I was simply saying that the majority of their shirts appear to feature French Cuffs. It seems to me that French Cuffs are seen more frequently in the European countries (particularly Britain) yet are less frequently used in the US (where I am). I probably should've also mentioned that from the get-go.

Personally, I prefer button cuffs. While I like French Cuffs with a suit, I feel as though it looks odd if I take the jacket off. I don't feel the same way about button cuffs.
                      My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

Hey all,

I just got an email from Allen Edmonds saying they're running their promotion with Soles4Souls again starting Feb. 24th, where you donate a used pair of shoes and get $35 off a new pair of AEs in return. The email specified this as an in-store offer (mine came directly from the Boston store), but it looks like the promo code "honor" is working on AE's site, including on shoes in their clearance section.

Here's a link to Joe's original post from last year: http://dappered.com/2012/02/allen-ed...ave-35-on-new/

Comment

I have the Mergona Black Watch bag but I may return it. I paid 12 something for it but I just don't like how there's the black stuff next to the brown leather. Also the closure mechanism isn't the easiest to use, at least with nothing in the bag.
                          Last edited by Redford; February 20, 2013, 07:31 PM.
                          5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

Originally posted by osiriuso View Post
                            Ah, I see.

£20.50 = $32 for shipping. Ouch, haha.
                            The beauty of that though is, if you get free shipping and %20 off..%20 off of 100 quid is a lot

@Div ah makes sense, wasn't sure if you had the wrong impression about french cuffs like I originally did and finally found out they were the same formality, buttons were just cheaper to make

Comment

Anyone in need of a new leather jacket, this company is being liquidated and was posted about on reddit. All jackets are reduced to $98 w/ free shipping (Use code "reddit"). Hollywood & Vain , very modern for most guys on here but that classic bomber looks good IMO.

Comment

I actually just ordered the classic bomber yesterday. The dude was super nice, and even offered the free shipping to Canada for me. $98, no tax, shipping in. Im excited for it!

Comment

Working...
                                X