Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nordstroms has Levi's 513 cords in lots of sizes for $20.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
      Nordstroms has Levi's 513 cords in lots of sizes for $20.
      The material feels like shit. Thin and not soft, I will be returning the pair I got.
      5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
        Hickey Freeman, now an additional 25% off clearance stuff.
        http://www.hickeyfreeman.com/mens-sale/_/showAll/1/

For sportcoats and suits, I believe the Mahogany collection is fully canvassed and the Sterling is half-canvassed, but I'm not 100% sure of that. Also, in my experience their dress shirts shrink quite a bit. Really nice fabrics, but I had a couple that fit great and then once laundered were an inch too short in the sleeves. Oh well.
        Thanks for the tip on this Fred. I got 2 of their sterling collection blazers. They fit me better than anything else I've ever tried on. Please let me know if you ever see them on sale like this again.

Comment

Here's a heads up for the other UK forum members: Brook Taverner is having a 50% off sale on sport coats and blazers with the coupon BT50J. They also have a few jackets in the clearance section, but the full-priced ones actually work out to be less using the coupon.

The quality could be horrible, but they have free shipping and returns.

A few picks:
          Otley, classic navy blue blazer, £87.50
          Oxford, classic navy blue blazer, £85
          Dartmouth, interesting brown/blue check sport coat, slim fit £120
          Harris Tweed, £140

Comment

Another deal, Charles Tyrwhitt has placed last season's blazers in clearance and they are currently going for £90 each using the promo code TYR66H. Here's a link to all blazers in the clearance that this code works on.

Here's the real winner in this sale: Classic Navy Blazer. £94 shipped. All regular and long sizes still available. Short may be sold out. (Approximately $145 shipped for Americans.) redbeardedmike has this jacket and recommends sizing up by one.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
              Another deal, Charles Tyrwhitt has placed last season's blazers in clearance and they are currently going for £90 each using the promo code TYR66H. Here's a link to all blazers in the clearance that this code works on.

Here's the real winner in this sale: Classic Navy Blazer. £94 shipped. All regular and long sizes still available. Short may be sold out. (Approximately $145 shipped for Americans.) redbeardedmike has this jacket and recommends sizing up by one.
              Curious to know if his experience was the exception- most if not all the reviews are positive.
              nice find!

Comment

40% off sale items at J.Crew with code STYLE40.

They've got a cotton Ludlow sportcoat in all sizes that comes out to $95 or something.
                Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                  40% off sale items at J.Crew with code STYLE40.

They've got a cotton Ludlow sportcoat in all sizes that comes out to $95 or something.
                  The JCrew coupon codes always throw me. On the page they always say 40% off final sale, and then if you expand the details they say off sale. Throw in that I'm never sure where it would say that an item is final sale and I'm almost always too worried to think about ordering.
                  The cotton khaki sportcoat - $94.80
                  Slim merino v-neck sweater - $41.50

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    The JCrew coupon codes always throw me. On the page they always say 40% off final sale, and then if you expand the details they say off sale. Throw in that I'm never sure where it would say that an item is final sale and I'm almost always too worried to think about ordering.
                    This is just how J.Crew runs their sale discount codes. Their "final sale" promos always work on regular sale items as well. If an item is a final sale item, it will say "All sales final, no exchanges, no returns. Final sale is valid while supplies last" in red text underneath the price when you've selected a size and color.
                    Ben

Comment

Does anyone know if there are currently any stackable banana republic codes like on valentines day? I'm a luxe member if that's helpful. Thanks!

Comment

I just ordered some of the red jcrew cords for 14 bucks. Hope they turn out well!

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                          Sweet. I was at a retail location this afternoon and saw that Ludlow sportcoat and really liked it, but they didn't have my size and it was at the full price of $168, so I probably wouldn't have pulled the trigger even if they did. Can't resist at $95 though!

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post

I tried a 38R and the chest was too tight and I would have had to let it out. Also, I realized it was a little too short (pics in bruschetta's link above). So I wound up sizing up to a 40L and the chest fit better. This helped save a bit on the tailoring bill because I would have had to bring the waist in on either jacket (it's not all that tapered). With the 40L, I didn't have to worry about how much material there was to let out in the chest (or the cost for doing so). For what it's worth, the 40L (and presumably the 40R) is dead on 18" from seam-to-seam. I think the 38R was narrower.

In any case, I think the wool feels pretty good (not as nice as Suit Supply Sienna, but still nicer than some others). There is solid construction. From the inquiries I've made, the jacket is half-canvassed. It's double vented, with a ticke pocket and slanted pockets (for a somewhat slimming effect). I paid almost double the current price and was pretty happy with it at the time. I'd definitely say it's worth the sale price if you need a staple navy blazer. I priced it out earlier today and with bruschetta's code it's closer to $160 with the exchange rate. The tailored fit is also on sale at the same price, but the lapels are pretty skinny on that one (< 3").

I finally got around to taking pictures of me in the blazer today, but probably won't have time to post them until tomorrow night. I just wanted to give my two cents for anyone considering this sale.
                            Last edited by redbeardedmike; February 18, 2013, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Cedarville Store, 20% off today with code President. Good time to grab some shoe trees, shoe racks, etc.
                              http://cedarvillestore.com/
                              BTW, code cvsclub55 will take $5 off Epic shoe trees anytime. Not sure if codes stack but if you only want Epics that actually might be a slightly better deal.

Comment

HS by Happy Socks on JCPenney.com are only $4.50!!

Comment

Working...
                                X