This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JonB View Post
    yeah - i can imagine that it's specifically to discourage someone who wants 2 shirts from making 2 orders and getting 2 free ties (i had been planning to do this)
    Just to save people time, I did try applying working discount/coupon codes out there. When you go through the *justin* link, the box to enter these offers is grayed out (because you already have a promotional offer applied). So $49 for shirt and tie shipped seems to the new going rate.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
      J Crew Factory - 30% off code XOFACTORY. Valid thru 2/17. Beware, some stuff has been marked up compared today compared to yesterday. For instance, the new chino suit w/o code yesterday was $218. Today, with code, it is $225. Some stuff is still marked down (ties, a few shirts, etc.).
      yep. the Bedford pants went up to $55 from $39.50ish. Guess how much they ring at with the 30% off? Annoying.

Comment

FYI... Banana Republic has a 40% two regular priced items today.......Lot of restrictions though
        Last edited by Tommy; February 14, 2013, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JonB View Post
          And one of those times is now I got this one in the mail

http://ctshirts.com/justin
          Awesome, thanks.

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
          J Crew Factory - 30% off code XOFACTORY. Valid thru 2/17. Beware, some stuff has been marked up compared today compared to yesterday. For instance, the new chino suit w/o code yesterday was $218. Today, with code, it is $225. Some stuff is still marked down (ties, a few shirts, etc.).
          Yeah, bummer :-/ The other day when they had 30% off final sale I was checking out some of the cotton ties and they were $20 (but excluded from the promo). Checked back yesterday and they're $30 now, so with the 30% off they're $21... Oh well, off to The Tie Bar.

I did pick up the J. Crew Factory tie bar though :-D The 30% off basically paid for the tax and shipping.

Comment

The JCF tie bar is too wide for the current trend of skinner ties since it's 2.5" long or so. I'm going to get a 1.5" from thetiebar.

Banana Republic has a 40% off with code BRLOVE as mentioned earlier but if you have a BR/GAP/Old Navy card you can get an additional 30% off with code LOVEBR for a total of 58% off.
            5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

Originally posted by Redford View Post
              Banana Republic has a 40% off with code BRLOVE as mentioned earlier but if you have a BR/GAP/Old Navy card you can get an additional 30% off with code LOVEBR for a total of 58% off.
              Well done, sir. I didn't realize that the codes could work simultaneously. Combined with my $40-off reward, I'm getting two pairs of wool dress pants for $45!

Comment

I combined the BRLOVE code with a 25% off mailer I got. Was a little tough to find something it would work with but I ordered 2 pairs of those new slim fit chinos for $53.55. Decent deal, may return some other pants I paid a little bit more for depending on if I like the fit and fabric more.
                5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

Anyone else find anything worthwhile with the BR code? I liked the look of the Emerson chino and have had my eye on that birdseye blazer, but of course both are excluded (are sportcoats/blazers generally excluded from most BR sales?). I'm in the market for a new light-weight spring/summer jacket, but I didn't see anything that piqued my interest. I'll probably let this one pass by.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric F View Post
                    Anyone else find anything worthwhile with the BR code?
                    They have new slim fit chinos which don't look to be excluded. Like I mentioned before, I'm a big fan of their Tailored slim dress pants. They're significantly higher quality than J Crew Factory's Thompson pants. They fit slimmer than Lands End's Year'rounders and Dockers D1. Lots of good colors and patterns too. I like thier silk/cotton/cashmere sweaters too. I've heard good things about their soft-wash shirts.

(are sportcoats/blazers generally excluded from most BR sales?).
                    Not always. All three BR blazers I've purchased were had with a sale code.

Comment

Anyone else find anything worthwhile with the BR code? I liked the look of the Emerson chino and have had my eye on that birdseye blazer, but of course both are excluded (are sportcoats/blazers generally excluded from most BR sales?). I'm in the market for a new light-weight spring/summer jacket, but I didn't see anything that piqued my interest. I'll probably let this one pass by.
                      Same here. Only thing I'd want from there is the blazers. I like their sweaters too but it's a bit late in the season to be buying them now. I've found I like the way bonobos pants fit me better than BR. Also the shirts from BR are a bit looser on me than the ones from some other retailers.

Comment

I just picked up two pairs of the slim fit chinos for $52 shipped. I will let you guys know how they look when they arrive. Redford, thanks a ton for mentioning that second code!

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                          I've found I like the way bonobos pants fit me better than BR. Also the shirts from BR are a bit looser on me than the ones from some other retailers.
                          Can you comment on the fit differences in the pants? Also, which retailers are you talking about when referring to the shirts?
                          My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

Dick's Sporting Goods, REI and Altrec are all having winter clearance sales. I picked up the Gate Racer jacket pictured on Primer (http://www.primermagazine.com/2012/s...reezing-winter) for $60 from DSG.

Comment

30% off on Levi's website this weekend

Comment

Sierra Trading Post has the Johnson & Murphy Brennan suede buck in a good amount of sizes in dark brown and gray for $87.95. If you sign up for their Deal Flyer mailing list you get another 30% off which brings them down to $61.56 pre-shipping.

Comment

Working...
                                X