Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn you Fred. I decided to give these 2 a try in a 38R. I'm not familiar with HF sizing so hopefully they fit.

If I decide to keep these, there goes my no spend February.
    Last edited by Vicious49; February 12, 2013, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by redbeardedmike View Post
      Charles Tyrwhitt has an insert in the WSJ. Shirts for $39.50 shipped free if you browse at www.ctshirts.com/ss41.

The insert states it is only good for 10 days, though I'm not sure if they'll stick to that. Yes, the shirt + tie for $39.50 is a better deal, but that only happens a couple of times a year. Anyway, thought I would pass it along.
      Any of the XANU or XANT codes still active? Would be a nice deal on those shirts.
      6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

Originally posted by John Hamnett View Post
        Any of the XANU or XANT codes still active? Would be a nice deal on those shirts.

I'm pretty sure XANT is still working, but it does not work with this deal. It won't even let you enter a code. It seems like the site already knows that you're getting the discount with that ss41 link.

Comment

http://fab.com/sale/17540

Bespoke Post on Fab, $38/month for 1, 2, or 3 months of boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
            I'm pretty sure XANT is still working, but it does not work with this deal. It won't even let you enter a code. It seems like the site already knows that you're getting the discount with that ss41 link.
            Tyrwhitt is very savvy with these promotions. They keep track (they generally have 2 or more running at any one time) and make it difficult for you to take advantage of more than one offer. In many cases, they force you to access sales through special URLs (like the one above) where the coupon is already applied and you cannot stack and save more. I'm frankly surprised that more online retailers don't follow suit (especially Republique de Banane).

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
              Damn you Fred. I decided to give these 2 a try in a 38R. I'm not familiar with HF sizing so hopefully they fit.

If I decide to keep these, there goes my no spend February.
              That plaid looks awesome and is a steal for $300! It doesn't say, but I bet it's fully canvassed too. I actually bought that cotton jacket as well. It seemed like a great deal for $150. I have a wool navy blazer but I'm hoping I can wear that cotton one more informally or with jeans.

Comment

Tyrwhitt is very savvy with these promotions. They keep track (they generally have 2 or more running at any one time) and make it difficult for you to take advantage of more than one offer. In many cases, they force you to access sales through special URLs (like the one above) where the coupon is already applied and you cannot stack and save more. I'm frankly surprised that more online retailers don't follow suit (especially Republique de Banane).
                That being said... didn't stop me from snagging the poplin white dress shirt. My wardrobe was severely lacking a nice white button down.
                6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

Originally posted by John Hamnett View Post
                  That being said... didn't stop me from snagging the poplin white dress shirt. My wardrobe was severely lacking a nice white button down.
                  I love CT's shirts. I'm gonna get one, just deciding between Sky Blue Twill and Navy/Red Mini-check.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                    That plaid looks awesome and is a steal for $300! It doesn't say, but I bet it's fully canvassed too. I actually bought that cotton jacket as well. It seemed like a great deal for $150. I have a wool navy blazer but I'm hoping I can wear that cotton one more informally or with jeans.
                    Yeah, I did research and read that the Mahogany line is fully canvassed (just like you had stated). The Sterling line is half canvassed but this one is cotton so not sure if that will still hold true with this navy blazer.

Comment

Charles Tyrwhitt has an insert in the WSJ. Shirts for $39.50 shipped free if you browse at www.ctshirts.com/ss41.

The insert states it is only good for 10 days, though I'm not sure if they'll stick to that. Yes, the shirt + tie for $39.50 is a better deal, but that only happens a couple of times a year. Anyway, thought I would pass it along.
                      And one of those times is now I got this one in the mail

http://ctshirts.com/justin

Comment

@JonB - You won this round.

Actually, we all won.

Comment

Hmmm, these Tyrwhitt deals used to include free shipping. This link is $9.95 shipping. Oh well.

Comment

So glad I didn't pull the trigger on the CT shirt until after I you posted the shirt and tie deal. So great.

Comment

J Crew Factory - 30% off code XOFACTORY. Valid thru 2/17. Beware, some stuff has been marked up compared today compared to yesterday. For instance, the new chino suit w/o code yesterday was $218. Today, with code, it is $225. Some stuff is still marked down (ties, a few shirts, etc.).

Comment

Hmmm, these Tyrwhitt deals used to include free shipping. This link is $9.95 shipping. Oh well.
                                yeah - i can imagine that it's specifically to discourage someone who wants 2 shirts from making 2 orders and getting 2 free ties (i had been planning to do this)

Comment

Working...
                                X