Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received an email that JCREW is 40% off final sale items in store and online. The online code is GET40.

I was in a store over the weekend and saw a navy peacoat in the size I want, but it wasn't marked down from the retail price. They had an in-store sign for 25% off select outerwear, but I had seen better sales online, so I walked.

Have other people had experiences at JCrew where items ring at the online/final sale price even if they aren't marked in store?

Comment

40% off one item at Last Call ending today. Don't let the "extra _% off" prices in red fool you. It will be the "Price". This puts their NM Trim Fit dress shirts down to $33. Plus, use code FRSHIP for free shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by redbeardedmike View Post
        Have other people had experiences at JCrew where items ring at the online/final sale price even if they aren't marked in store?
        Oh yeah. Happens all the time. BR is pretty bad about that too.

Comment

@bjmmcgever - Are you saying that you generally find that you've had J Crew prices ring at the online price in store even when the physical item isn't marked down? Or that they ring at the store price rather than the online price even if it is marked down on the website? It's not clear from your response.

Comment

From my experience, often times prices are different online than in store at places like JCrew and BR. BR can't even exchange an online item for a similar one in store. At least that's what they told me last time I was there. They are almost 2 separate entities with the exception being that you can return online purchases at the physical stores.

Comment

Originally posted by redbeardedmike View Post
              @bjmmcgever - Or that they ring at the store price rather than the online price even if it is marked down on the website? It's not clear from your response.
              This. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

For the record, the peacoat was marked as full $275 in store. I mentioned that it was final sale and the sales associate said they can look online and match the price. By the time I got there, she said the coat wasn't appearing online (I just checked and found it), but she offered to call in and find out what the last marked price was. She matched the $149.99 and brought up the 40% off sale without asking - $81.74 out the door. I've been stalking eBay for months and haven't found it that cheap for a used (let alone a new) coat!

Just an FYI for future J Crew final sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                  They are almost 2 separate entities with the exception being that you can return online purchases at the physical stores.
                  Vicious, I hear ya. I had some trouble once in-store at BR, trying to convince them that a few certain items were indeed "outerwear." I personally almost never wear gloves and a scarf indoors.

They were marked down as part of a sale on their website, but not accepted as part of it in-store. After the salesgirl checked with her manager, the manager went ahead and checked the online prices of them items and made an exception *that* one time. She claimed what you have stated above, that they are unique business units, and they don't have to match prices with... well... *themselves*. Weird.

Comment

One time use F/S code for JCrew Factory: FZE3NEWDZ

It expires at midnight today and I won't be using it. Enjoy!

Comment

Amazing deal at Edwards of Manchester, use code jan2013 for 20% off EVERYTHING!! Plus, if you're in the US they deduct 20% VAT. If you ever wanted to pick up a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes for the regular retail price of Allen Edmonds, now is a great time to do it.

http://www.edwardsofmanchester.co.uk/mens-shoes

In addition to C&J, they also carry Loake, Barker, Trickers, Cheaney, Edward Green, and Gaziano & Girling. (Obviously UK sizing.)

Comment

Damn you Fred! I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on these Loakes:
                        http://www.edwardsofmanchester.co.uk...-mahogany.html

They come out to $182 shipped...
                        Last edited by tdig; January 24, 2013, 09:19 AM.
                        My cocktail videos >

Comment

Originally posted by tdig View Post
                          Damn you Fred! I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on these Loakes:
                          http://www.edwardsofmanchester.co.uk...-mahogany.html

They come out to $182 shipped...
                          Looks good, and that's a great price! I haven't tried their Evolution line, but my Loake Litchfields (1880 line) are one of my favorite pairs of shoes.

Comment

Those are beautiful shoes. Do it. Dooooo iiiiit
                            "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Allen Edmonds Shoebank sale on seconds is still on too. Amok, Ashbury, Brooks Presidio, Kenwood, Jermyn, San Marco, and Tampa are all $99.

Comment

Johnston & Murphy Men's McPherson Cap Toe

Made in Spain, Leather/Rubber Sole
                                $87.48 at Amazon right now
                                Sizes 8.5, 9.5, 11, 11.5, 12 still available

I also recently bought a pair of the Cole Haan Air Morris for $88. If you search for that on Amazon, there are like 7s and 7.5s left at this point. I've found Amazon tends to cut prices once they run down in sizes in a certain style.

Comment

Working...
                                X