Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any experience with the Nailhead blazer from LEC? Particularly fit?

Comment

Haha..I think I need to visit the thread about saying no to deals.

My LEC shopping cart is epic right now.

Comment

Any favorites from LEC right now? Wouldn't mind some ideas.

Comment

@anonyjay: it's only 60% epic.

@zero: denim jacket, socks, button neck cable sweater, argyle tie, and that waxed jacket looks pretty cool. Their lec oxford shirts are pretty nice, and the poplins are good too for staples. As for blazers, their stuff is decent for new products, but I'd rather get good used products than comparably priced new products. Find some English/Italian jackets on eBay, depending on your style. Look to PTO's lists for brand suggestions.

Comment

@zero the LEC fair isle sweater is my favorite I've seen (from the pictures) and it's on the way to my house

Comment

@zero the LEC fair isle sweater is my favorite I've seen (from the pictures) and it's on the way to my house

Comment

thanks for the heads about the chat, guys! i just got $30 refunded =)

Comment

heads up**

Comment

I've had my eye on this sportcoat for a while:

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/WoolHerringboneSportcoat~226939_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::NTO&CM_MERC H=IDX_Men-_-JacketsBlazers&origin=index

What do you guys think... should I pull the trigger at $144 (40% off)?

I don't remember many sales from LEC that offer a discount greater than 40%

Comment

I had that sportcoat for about 1 day before returning it. Is it nice? Yes, definitely. I'd suggest sizing down one, but then I like my stuff a little trimmer. Is it worth $145? Probably...but I still say you'd be better off buying a used quality coat for the same price. Some british tweed...not sure where to point you, but there you go. I also returned it b/c we just don't need stuff like that but for a month or so here in florida, so the cashish was better spent elsewhere. If I was swhere else, and needed several winter/fall jackets, this probably would have stayed.

If you're going to get this, though, this is probably your best chance, or wait until it might go in their 'classifieds' section, and maybe get it if it doesn't sell out.

Comment

Hmm, being in Southern California I can definitely understand the necessity point since it's usually pretty warm over here. Although, I think I will be able to get frequent use out of it since I travel a fair amount.

However, the sizing has me a little worried.. since 38 is the smallest size offered. Like you, I like my clothes to fit trimmer, so this may be something I just have to try and return.

I'm not against buying a quality used coat. I know Jason C. usually finds some amazing stuff thrifting, but no luck for me in that arena, yet.

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

I've been eyeing that one. Let me know how it works out.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Anyone know how long the LEC %40 off is good for?

Comment

What do you all think of the vintage chino blazer (60$ today): http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/MensVi...s&origin=index ?

Tempted to get it, because it's probably a lot more useful down here in the south than the button-neck cable sweater (despite how awesome it looks). On that same temp note, how are these? http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/StylePage-403545_XP.html I'd like a couple of casual, non-v-neck sweaters for cool/chilly nights here that come around here almost year-round. Are they better/worse than the LEC wool crewnecks?

Also for anybody considering, I bought the leather kinsey boat shoes during the black friday sale but returned them promptly after. Leather was squeaky and felt cheap, the shoes just didn't seem comfortable.

Comment

Amazon is having a deal on select shoes 25% off. Finally got the AE Strands in my size!

Comment

Working...
                                X