Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree. I hate scrolling all the way down.

Comment

Just for you, I deleted the "cheap tires" tags.

Comment

I'm not going to lie that is a lot of tags.

Comment

Aren't most of those tags from the new auto tagging feature that started a few weeks ago?

Comment

No they've been there for a while afaik.

Comment

I might be the newest guy here, but I feel like y'all don't appreciate the subtle nuance between deal and deals.

(Or Sale and Sales, for that matter. Or bonobo/bonobos.)

Comment

Copped the BR Tailored Navy suit in store for 40% off today. #318 w/ tax (org. $505). OTR fit is amazing! Strongly suggested.

Comment

pics?

Comment

@nicholascrawford - Ha, well that's progress. Thanks. (This'll be my last post on the tags as to avoid botching the thread even further!)

Now if we could just get the oh-so-unnecessary "shirts" out of there. I mean, really, if you want to know about shirts, you shouldn't be brought to this thread. If you want to know deals on shirts, then you should be able to get here on the fact that it is plentifully mentioned that you will find deals here. And its pinned to the top of the threads page.

And Cyber Monday is a pretty specific day. Does it really fit to have a one day sales event tagged in a year-round thread?

I'm sorry if I sound like a suffragette at a NOW meeting, but I just don't understand the logic of some of these tags which are either not specifically related to the thread topic, or are so abundant throughout many threads that there is no sense in tagging this thread with them. I mean, there's threads out there that are actually about underwear, so I don't get why a deal thread is now going to come up when I search for underwear threads.

Sale, discount, coupon, deal, bargain, and steals are the only ones I can imagine being here sensibly.

Comment

^^^ off topic.

Edit: I just commited the same offense...

Comment

@cannon, haha better?

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Nooooo!!! It took months to get that beautiful mosaic of tags!!!

Comment

To stay on topic, FALLCALLS gives 30% off at Gap, BR, and Old Navy through tomorrow 9/3.

@greg_s - Enchanting. I'm a minimalist, so I welcome the succinct tag list. Thanks for your highway-trash-pick-up-equivalent deed.

Hope the folks who made the tags are not upset and simply learn to tag more effectively. For more tagging knowledge, check out my book coming this Fall, "Forum Tagging for the Aspirational and other short tags".

Comment

I don't even know how to tag so I've never tagged anything.

Comment

I think the real problem is that the software lists every single tag, not that the tags are there. And it would make sense to tag specific things if we could search by post instead of thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X