Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LE Canvas is having an xmas promo where they discount certain itemss. From dec3-5 its shirts and cardigans...some great casual shirts for $20. And the cardigan i got for $100 now down to $40. http://canvas.landsend.com/ix/Men/Us...ed&pageSize=72

Comment

• awesome, might pick up that cardigan.. thanks!

Comment

• Weng: how is the sizing / fit on the cardigan?

I'm usually a medium but size down to small on 90% of LEC purchases..

Comment

• Perfect for me...but LEC medium fits me great. 42 jacket, 15.5x33 shirt, 34x30 pant, 5-11 180lbs.

Get small and medium, and return one at your local sears?

Comment

• I would go medium. Weng is practically my exact measurements, except I go 40R on the coat most of the time. Medium still has a nice slim fit without suffocating you. Small was just alittle to small and short on me to be wearable.

Comment

• I'm 6'1" 200-210 lbs, 16.5 x 35 shirts, 35/36 x 34 pants and I find the sizing at LEC all over the map. I order M's in short sleeve shirts (those fit "snug") and L's in most long sleeve casual shirts. Surprisingly the Large in the Double Pocket Madras fit me better than some of their "fitted" shirts with dress shirt sizing (16.5 x 35). Sadly I found the latter to fit like an average, unfitted shirt. Their windbreaker fit me great in M (as far as sleeve length) but was just a bit too snug in the chest.

TL;DR - Buy both sizes and return.

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

• yeah, that LEC sale looks great; new things pretty much every day (todays I wasn't that excited about; v-necks, but then if i was in a state other than florida, i'd probably be on that). I ordered two of those cardigans and a couple shirts. I order like crazy from LEC, then return 75% of it to local sears, unworn, sometimes completely unopened. sears/LEC is an online menswear win.

Comment

• Bonobos is doing a "Goodwill towards Friends" giveaway... $1500 wardrobe for 2 people and 3 $100 gift certificates. You can use my invite link if you'd like

Thanks!

Comment

• Just used your link Jason. Thanks for the info.

Comment

• Man, today's LEC XMas special is a classic "Would you wear it?" For me, not even if it dropped to $30. Just a little too gaudy, even if it is handmade.

FWIW, if there is a Nieman Marcus Last Call near you, swing by for 30-40% off prices. First time I ever went - found a Ralph Lauren casual button down in "Custom Fit" medium which fit great, and was $34 (down from $47, which was down from MSRP $88).

Comment

• Regular Lands End has $40 off $100 and free shipping, today only, FROSTY pin 1121. Considering a midnight navy in this; their tailored fit is still a little baggy on me thru the waist, but tolerable.

http://www.landsend.com/pp/Buttondow...t&origin=index

and these in plum

http://www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage...=Shopping_Cart

Comment

• Thanks Weng. I like the patterns on those shirts. I bought some a couple weeks back and had to return them because of the fit. They didn't seem tailored to me at all.

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

• I have the Dark Sable Plaid in that LE Tailored Brushed Highlander that Weng posted and I am extremely pleased with it. The fit is great for me (I'm sometimes 16.5 and sometimes 17 and I went with the former on this) and the fabric feels awesome. You can actually see that shirt in one of the pics I posted recently in the thrifting thread.

I actually have the Midnight Navy in my cart already because as soon as I tried the shirt on I wanted another one

Comment

• For $86 shipped I got 5 tailored fit shirts, a long silk stripe navy tie, and a red+black striped crew tee (that one from LEC).

Might return a couple things to Sears depending on how I like them but that was a pretty good deal IMO.

Looks like they started a new sale now:

Free Ship $50 Min + 40% off highest priced item

Promotion Code: SNOWSHOE

PIN: 1051

Comment

• LEC chinos $20 today...my size in the slim fits is sold out in almost every color :-P

Comment

Working...
                                X