Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@greg_s, no problem on the denim info. I ran into a bunch of denim snobbery and/or impenetrable weirdness when I first started getting into the stuff, and I figured there had to be a better way of communicating the important facts without being closed-minded.

The fact is, jeans are the most popular casual pants in the world, and the vast majority of people aren't going to starch theirs and wear them in the ocean to promote "sick fadez" or seek out (and pay a premium for) a Union Special sewing machine to have them hemmed "the right way." I get why people do those things -- I mean, I'VE starched some jeans to promote fading, and I just shipped off a pair to be hemmed with a chainstitch. But people who do things like that are a small minority of jeans-wearers, and to suggest that everyone must treat denim that way (denim, a fabric designed for seafaring and manual labor!) would be absurd.

As for the Iron Rangers, I really do plan to get them or Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots as soon as I find some I can afford. If I'm going to spend $250-300 on a pair of shoes, I'd probably better skip the boots and get the dress shoes I sorely need right now. But if I ever stumble across a pair of Iron Rangers or 1000 Mile Boots at a substantial discount, I'll jump on them. My plan is just to buy whichever of those two I see discounted first.

@Jubal, man, thanks again for alerting everyone to that diamond in the rough of a sale at HauteLook. I await my less-than-half-price jacket with bated breath -- in fact, I've had to restrain myself from buying multiple items from that sale!

Comment

Bulldoggery, you are a gentleman and a scholar. "Impenetrable weirdness" indeed- what an apt description.

Comment

Living Social is having a deal with Charles Tyrwhitt.

Comment

Wonder if CT's $100 tailored fit vest matches the J. Crew charcoal suit. For $50 for a tailored fit vest sounds nice.

Bonobos has $30 off stretch chinos with code STRETCHY. The stretch chinos go for $88 before coupon.

5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

J.Crew has extra 30% off sale and select factory items with code LOVEIT. I bit on the tweed blazer and some ties!

Comment

Figures, all colors of the J. Crew Factory Thompson suit were on sale until yesterday, now it looks like just the dark grey version is on sale.

5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

$220 for the charcoal, I think it's time to finally buy it?

Comment

A number of the Factory ties look pretty appealing. Anyone have a comment as to their quality? Compared to Tie Bar?

Comment

Too bad the sizes on the Factory suits are so limited. Sigh.

Comment

Just pulled the trigger on the Factory tweed and the herringbone sportcoats. Anyone have any experience with these? I'm going to hold on for the navy suit, until it goes on sale too.

Comment

Greetings, have gone through many sites some are really really good, but i found this one best suited for me, http://tirecouponssale.com, Ladies and Gentlemen can try it out as it's pleasing people...

Comment

Not sure if spam...

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

definitely spam.

Comment

Picked up 2 ties, a thermal henley and the herringbone sport coat on the Jcrew sale. Thank god the suits werent on sale or I would be so broke...

Comment

Mucho tempted to get the sportcoat.

Comment

Working...
                                X