Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CANNONBALL gets you 20% off swimwear at bonobos.

Comment

Dockers has a lot of stuff on sale with no minimum free shipping. Also, if you sign up for their email newsletter, you get an extra 20% off. That brings a pair of D1s down to $32. Hard to pass that up.

Comment

I'm curious about the Indochino promo. I know they have a good relatively rep here and on Primer, but I've also read that their tailors take creative liberties with sizing and it can be spot on or a frumpy mess. I know they have the tailoring credit, but still...

Comment

Tailoring credit and a guarantee. I've been waiting for another deal to pop up to give them a try. Between the credit and the guarantee, I'm confident it'll eventually fit the way I want it. Key word though is eventually. I've heard of people who got it right the first time and love the fit immediately. Others I know have had to wait longer for fixes.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

@tdig, Valid points. I've always wanted to give them a try myself. Now trying to decide btw the light grey or navy.

Comment

Personally, I really like the shade of their essential gray and find that colored suit more difficult to find than a solid navy. I'm going to get the Essential Gray with peak lapel, 2 button, functional lapel and functional buttonholes, pen pocket, navy lining, ticket pocket, and contrasting buttonhole. Can't decide on slanted or regular pockets though.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

@BJ, I think the Dockers had shipping free for orders of 100$+

Where did you see the no-minimum free shipping?

Comment

Very true about the challenge in finding a nice grey suit.

Comment

@pratyk, it looks like that was part of the email promo. 20% off plus free shipping

Comment

@BJ, This is what I had in the email I received this morning:

Take 20% off all sale items ending in $.99. Discount applies only to sale items in your cart. Enter promo code 20SALE at checkout for discount to apply. You are also eligible for Free Ground Shipping on all orders over $100. Offers end on 7/11/12 at 11:59 pm PST. NOTE: You must select the “Standard Ground Shipping” option to receive the discount.

Comment

tdig - I would recommend notch lapels. The lapels are very prominent on that color suit, unlike a navy or a black suit where you can hardly see them in most lighting. Personal taste, but it makes sense to aim down the middle of the road with a grey suit.

I would strongly recommend not getting functional cuffs on your first Indochino suit. Maybe not even until your third from them. You'll eat up that $75 credit very quickly if you have to alter functional cuffs. I regret getting them on my second Indochino suit because they lost functionality in the alterations because I didn't want to spend $100+ to get them altered to maintain functionality.

Go with regular pockets! The ticket pocket is a nice touch.

Comment

To anyone pondering the Indochino deal - go with the Spot On Navy tie. It's incredibly useful.

Comment

Thanks for the words of wisdom nicholas. I'll definitely go with the nonfunctional buttonholes and regular pockets. Still on the fence though with peak lapels. I dont have any suits with peak lapels and I've always been a big fan.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

@pratyk, this is a different email. It's a promo you get when you sign up for their newsletter. See here:

Comment

Nicholas, how dark is the shade of grey? On your picture and on Primer (http://goo.gl/nJz8g) It looks ideal for me (I already have a charcoal one).

Comment

Working...
                                X