• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDot
    replied
    Originally posted by _sam View Post
    Anyone get these drivers?

http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-driv...232907_-1.html

With the 30% off they were ~$20. I ordered them in dark chocolate over the weekend and they called me today to tell me that they had sold out of my size and didn't plan on re-stocking. Damn, was gonna be my first pair of drivers too...
    Didn't even notice those. I just ordered the Khaki. Basically $20 OTD. I needed a light pair of casual shoes in my closet. Perfect addition.

Leave a comment:

• _sam
    replied
    Anyone get these drivers?

http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-driv...232907_-1.html

With the 30% off they were ~$20. I ordered them in dark chocolate over the weekend and they called me today to tell me that they had sold out of my size and didn't plan on re-stocking. Damn, was gonna be my first pair of drivers too...

Leave a comment:

• LosRockets
    replied
    Got my oilcloth, lambswool sweater, and supima v-neck sweater yesterday. The oilcloth fits well on me, 5'9"ish and 165, but it's going back because it's just not a good look for me. It is VERY warm and if you tend to go for the outdoorsy/rugged look, it's perfect for you. Great lining and the saddle color is nice also.

Gray lambswool has a decent fit but is very itchy. Pretty sure it'll go back for this reason. Thinking of keeping the navy supima cotton v-neck. It was cheap ($17 because I managed to combine 30% discounts!) and looks nice, but seems like it'll stretch a bit and it's not as trim as they claim; good under a jacket. Looking forward to getting the donegal jacket this week.

Leave a comment:

• alan
    replied

Burnt orange is the color of Satan... I mean University of Texas... Sometimes I confuse the two. :-S

Leave a comment:

• Focuspants
    replied

Also just found these recently reduced. Slim silk knit ties for $13.97 shipped to your door with code FRIENDS 3010. I got the burnt orange, perfect for fall/winter layering!

http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-narr...31524_291.html

Leave a comment:

• Focuspants
    replied

Glad it worked out for you too Alan. I wore mine while shopping at BR yesterday and 5 people working there complimented me on it and asked where I got it haha. I love it already.

Leave a comment:

• alan
    replied

Update: As I was going to bed, it occured to me that I could have my tailor finish lining the pant legs across the back for relatively cheaply. Problem solved.

Leave a comment:

• kai
    replied

Thanks for the input mike and vicious. Sounds like the small will definitely be too big on me. I'm still tempted to get it and have a tailor take a look at it, considering LE's return policy.

mike, hope you find the right fit!

Leave a comment:

• alan
    replied

It fits! The donegal jacket in 41R works just fine. I wouldn't mind it being just a tad bit slimmer, but it's not enough to make it worth tailoring. Heck, even the sleeves are close enough to not make it worth tailoring. The pants are comfortable, and I don't feel like they're going to slip, even despite not having belt loops. However, the lining to the knee only goes across the front so the backs of my legs were getting a little itchy. I'll probably keep them, but may relegate their use to long underwear days. I'm going to get them hemmed with a cuff.

Leave a comment:

• Vicious49
    replied

Duplicate

Leave a comment:

• Vicious49
    replied

I just got my oilcloth jacket in the mail today. I am 5'8" and 160 lbs and ordered a small. It fits me perfectly in the shoulder and arm length and the chest is pretty good as well. It is a bit loose in the midsection area. I'm guessing these are designed more for middle aged guys and aren't really going for a tailored look. I feel it is a bit long in the body but after looking at the model in their ad, it's just as long on him so maybe it's designed to be that way.

Leave a comment:

• redbeardedmike
    replied

@kai - got to think the small will look big on you. I got the oilcloth jacket in Rust yesterday in the mail. I'm 6' 175lbs. The shoulders and chest are a little snug. The waist is a little loose. The sleeves and body are a little too short. Here are the measurements for small and medium:

Small:

Chest - 43.5"

Length (top to bottom) - 30.25"

Sleeves - 35"

Shoulders - 18"

Medium:

Chest - 47.5"

Length (top t bottom) - 31"

Sleeves - 36"

Shoulders - 19"

I will try to try on a medium in store. I'm worried that it will be a lot bigger in the chest and waist to fit me in sleeve and jacket length. I don't know how easy it is to alter because of the quilted lining, but the price might be right to try.

It is really a quality jacket, though. Hopefully I can make it work.

Leave a comment:

• IronRinn
    replied

Maaaaaan, I came to this one way too late. The donegal jacket is really nice but it looks like everything is sold out, despite them showing three sizes available. I get so many emails from Lands End I've started to just ignore them. Lesson learned, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• j.r.
    replied

@Luke - nice to know I have a size twin... except in this case where i loathe you. You have an inch on me and I have about 5 lbs on you, but I go 33 and 35 as well. You might be a new go-to source on fit.

Leave a comment:

• alan
    replied

I was tempted to order the 40R and return whichever one didn't fit, but they sold out of them and ended up solving my dilemna for me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X