Ledbury - Shirts from Virginia with British style tailoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ledbury - Shirts from Virginia with British style tailoring

Let's get the ugliness out of the way, referral code (we each get $25) http://www.ledbury.com/referral_code?ref_id=98552

I've been really enjoying these shirts the past few months. Their fit is reminiscent of Thomas Pink and Charles Tyrwitt but the quality is much, much better. A startup from Richmond, Va. Check them out, they aren't cheap but the quality and customer service is fantastic.

They have some of the absolute best color combos and patterns i've come across. I'd love to get several of their shirts. Unfortunately they are all a bit rich for me at the moment.

Comment

Really wanted one of these, ordered the smallest slim fit they had and... boxy as all heck (sleeves billowed, torso/chest). Granted, I'm 5'9, 145lbs and have since moved on to other shirtmakers, but I was really hoping it would have worked out for me.

Comment

I am digging the Allen Plaid slim fit.

Paybe after Christmas I will pick one up. I am in another no-spend mode until then.

Comment

I've had a ton of success with Ledbury — expensive, yes, but you can return at any time, for any reason. Can't say enough about the quality and the artwork.

I'll also offer a $25 off referral link: http://www.ledbury.com/referral_code?ref_id=79841

Comment

*grumble grumble* don't make shirts in my size *grumble grumble*

EDIT: I'm not even that crazy of a size... 16.5/36

Comment

They look like nice shirts - but just way too much money for me.

At those prices I'd rather go MTM and get something cut exactly to my measurements.

I really don't understand why people pay top dollar for off the rack anything.

Comment

What I don't understand is how people seem to rave about ratio stuff around here, yet they're in the same ballpark price wise... *shrug*

Maybe there will be more ppl coming to rave... we shall see.

My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

@diversification...I believe that's b/c Ratio offers a lot more specificity when it comes to the fit, in that you can email them all your measurements (not just what their site lets you input), and send the shirt back for alterations. To my knowledge Ledbury doesn't do either of those things, although their fabrics look pretty ace. That's what sold me on going with Ratio over Ledbury (as in, why pay the same exact price for only OTR fit?).

Comment

+1 @Lewis Hollow - Ledbury is OTR to me, while Ratio took one of my good fitting shirts, made a couple of minor adjustments for "Ratio Sizing", and I'm a happy customer today. If Ledbury offered a similar way of taking my measurements, I'd re-consider them but as it stands even their slim cut isn't made for guys like me.

Comment

Does Ledbury pattern match the sleeves? Has anyone ordered a stripe or check yet to see if they do? They are a little pricey, but not unreasonable if they pattern match (which obviously must be done by hand). If they aren't pattern matching then I'm not dropping $135 a shirt when I can get Hilditch and Key shirts (which do pattern match) for £50 during their July and December sales.

I haven't tried them yet, but Spiers and Mackay advertises that they pattern match and their shirts are 3 for $199. They have a graphic depicting pattern matching if anyone is confused about it:

https://www.spierandmackay.com/about_our_shirts.php

Comment

Spier and Mackay is quite intriguing. I wonder if they'd let you do the self-measure or send-shirt bit. Not sure if they're that customized... they don't appear to be on site, but as we all know, the site and the email routes differ greatly sometimes.

I wonder what the quality of their fabric is at that price point... Sounds almost like they're touting themselves as a $150 shirt equivalent...

My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

They appear to have an MTM option (although I don't see where you can send in a good fitting shirt, but rather take your own measurements of that shirt): http://www.spierandmackay.com/select_measure.php

Might give them a try at those prices.

Comment

Would love to give Ledbury my business, especially being from that area in Virginia, but dang if they don't discriminate heavily against long arms. I'm a 16x36, which isn't that absurdly abnormal and yet they don't have a way to make that option. Sad I can't support the local boys down South.

Comment

Should add that I just returned a shirt to them and was impressed by the quickness and ease of receiving my store credit. I probably had the shirt for about a month before I returned it. I tried a different size and was just never comfortable in that size.

Comment

Working...
                              X