Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High End--And another shoe wow on St. Crispin and Corthay.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • High End--And another shoe wow on St. Crispin and Corthay.

    The Shoe Snob Market Place, run by Justin Fitzpatrick, has listings for quite a selection of brand new St. Crispin and Corthay shoes for anyway from 20 to nearly 50% off--

    Okay, you're still going to pay around $1,000, but it's still a great sale.

    https://marketplace.theshoesnobblog.com/
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

  • #2
    Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
    The Shoe Snob Market Place, run by Justin Fitzpatrick, has listings for quite a selection of brand new St. Crispin and Corthay shoes for anyway from 20 to nearly 50% off--

    Okay, you're still going to pay around $1,000, but it's still a great sale.

    https://marketplace.theshoesnobblog.com/
    Crispys for a grand is a deal.
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Not to be a party pooper but ~15% off StC (compare to retail from skoak) is not exactly a steal, I'd wait for at least 30% off especially since most of them are in odd sizes. If you wait for StC's archive sale you can get most of their models for less than 1k.
      Instagram: WoofOrWeft

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Token View Post
        Not to be a party pooper but ~15% off StC (compare to retail from skoak) is not exactly a steal, I'd wait for at least 30% off especially since most of them are in odd sizes. If you wait for StC's archive sale you can get most of their models for less than 1k.
        Really? Well, please post when that happens and let us know. Or please PM me.

        There's nothing that I liked in my size anyways. But I thought it would be a deal.

        What about on the Corthay shoes? A good deal or not?
        WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
          Really? Well, please post when that happens and let us know. Or please PM me.

          There's nothing that I liked in my size anyways. But I thought it would be a deal.

          What about on the Corthay shoes? A good deal or not?
          Yep I have 10+ pairs of StC and paid between 40-70% for them new. 30% off is where I’d start considering, 50% off is a good deal (given you’re in the market for 4 figure shoes).

          StC’s MTO is unique and not that more expensive than their RTW, you can pay to get a modified last and then use that for all future MTO orders.

          If you sign up for emails from StC you’ll get notification of their archive sales. Same with skoak.

          I’ve never bought or tried Corthay before, but I’ve tried most of the well known top tier RTW makers (both GYW and handwelt) and for the most part it’s not worth paying over $1,000 for any of them (excluding Cordovan and exotics) as you can pretty easily get them at least 30% off MSRP new.
          Instagram: WoofOrWeft

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Token View Post
            Yep I have 10+ pairs of StC and paid between 40-70% for them new. 30% off is where I’d start considering, 50% off is a good deal (given you’re in the market for 4 figure shoes).
            Where might one find those sorts of discounts?

            Edit: and I signed up for the emails, thanks for that.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ianr View Post
              Where might one find those sorts of discounts?

              Edit: and I signed up for the emails, thanks for that.
              from official retailers: StC archive sales, skoak, michael jondral, cavour, leffot (pre-owned sometimes gets brand new shoes)
              styleforum b&s and ebay are good as well.

              50%+ off is more of a once or twice a year thing but unless you're buying super frequently it's not really an issue.
              Instagram: WoofOrWeft

              Comment

              Working...
              X