Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@BenR - I read your as being slightly condescending toward Frost, to be honest, but if that was not the intention, that's my bad. Condescension aside, stating that the point wasn't about suing / wasn't legal seems a little dishonest, given the discussion of contract law in your post (e.g., "a fairly straightforward breach of contract issue", "potentially illegal" and otherwise regarding performance of a contract). Clearing up the discussion of the legality of what's being done is kind of important in my eyes, regardless of the forum for such discussion and regardless of whether you were giving legal advice or saying that someone should sue. As you said, it's more of a business practices / moral issue than a legal one, and no one should be emailing them saying otherwise (much less without contacting their own legal counsel, should they so desire).

All that aside, I agree that it does not seem to be in line with their previous customer service approach, and may not be a great move on their part in meeting the needs of, and maintaining a hold on, their current customer base. That being said, I doubt that this move likely affects a large subset of their current customer base; that is, it likely won't affect them in any substantial way even if, for example, all of Dappered's readers stop buying Bonobos.

As for cancelling the new customer's discount as well, I'm not sure that would fall in line with "punishing the bad actor" (in their eyes), so to speak, as I'm sure it would be easy for a new customer to get a $50 discount during the referral program's life directly from Bonobos (i.e., it'd save the company $50 by giving it directly, which I believe they'd done before back under the program's previous life). I also imagine they'd prefer not to alienate the new subset of their customer base.

Comment

BenR, you've clearly demonstrated your inability to read and comprehend the content of a post in its entirety. You continue to cry about credit you did nothing but post a leech link to obtain. To make matters worse you attempt to insult me for pointing out your misguided understanding of how private vs. public companies are held accountable for things, and how ToS can be used. The fact that 70% of graduates with a law degree do not have jobs in their field is suddenly less of a mystery. You have quite a large internet mouth for an 130 lb. pip-squeak. We get it. You're angry an Bonobos. Stop buying from them and go spoon your pillow you damn cry baby.

Comment

@greg_s -- sorry, now I've gotten the chance to say my piece. I'm done.

Comment

Working...
        X