Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't mean to spam, but if anyone is desperate for a code / wants to help a brother out...

http://www.curebit.com/x/n0D4b

FWIW, I got the boat shoes and they seem great (to my untrained eye). Good deal for $50.

Comment

@ Nicholas - I can hook you up with my code if you want it: http://curebit.com/x/y1hRN

I bought the cotton/linen jacket last week and it's surprisingly nice. The fit is even slimmer than BR Tailored... almost too slim, as it's a little restricting in the shoulders, but not horribly so. Length is perfect in the body and sleeves - I was afraid the body would be too short but they are pretty conventional in length, not super-short as is the trend these days.

Someone must have used my referral code since I've got some store credit now, but I'm having trouble finding anything else I want to buy from them. I'll probably hold onto it and save up for one of their full suits. I'm thinking the Foundation in charcoal or navy.

Ben

Comment

I dunno...I just can't find anything worth buying. I'm pretty well stocked in the basics, and I'm so used to clearance shopping and buying things at discounters or thrifting that $50 cotton pants (after $50 off) are just too steep for me.

Comment

To be completely honest I don't know how anyone could justify Bonobos retail pricing. Even with discounts a lot of their stuff is stil egregiously overpriced. 120$+ for ties that I can probably get at the tiebar for 15$...sad.

Comment

Yup... Bonobos full retail is pretty overpriced. But the same can be said of most of their competitors (BR, J.Crew, etc.).

I guess it just depends on whether you can get a good enough discount on an item that you really want. I'm a bit like you... most of their stuff is fairly "meh." The cotton/linen jacket caught my eye since I'm wearing jackets every day and it's finally getting to feel like summer outside (and I only have one other lightweight jacket), but otherwise, nothing they sell really revs my motor at the moment.

Ben

Comment

Just to let you know anyone on this blog. Your store credit will be removed since you violated the TOS. My recommendation would be to spend what ever you have right away then dodge BONOBOS for the rest of your life. Everything on the website is marked up 200-400%. This company is making between 15-30 million dollars a year and are not willing to help out people who give it business. BOO BONOBOS

Comment

Ryan,

Have they actually removed your store credit from your account?

Comment

...how have we violated the terms of service? I thought the whole idea was to share codes and generate new sales for Bonobos.

P.S. I would be pretty honked off if they benefit from my code (by making a sale to a new customer) and I don't get to enjoy my half of the deal (credit).

Ben

Comment

Yeah, they stated since I used the LINK to refer people instead of just the code (bonehead move on my part) they traced it to this blog/forum. Facebook is within the TOS but not this... I do not see the difference but hey. They charge $88 for stuff that cost them under $10 to produce.

Comment

I just read the terms and conditions of the referral program. From what I can tell, it's bullshit that they're yanking your store credit. It says you cannot post your link to "coupon sites or other websites created to take advantage of referral traffic generated from individuals searching for coupons or other discount codes."

The idea that Dappered Threads is more similar to a coupon site like RetailMeNot than to a social network like Facebook or Twitter is absurd. This is a forum - the very essence of a social website. It may be their sole discretion to determine whether the code has been abused, but to me, this sounds like THEY are abusing their discretion. They have benefited from your referral. You should have the right to benefit, as well.

If I were you, I would ask them if they plan to cancel the discount received and/or sale by the referred individual. If they consider your posting a referral link here to be abusive, then all the parties involved should have to withdraw from the transaction - you, the referred customer, AND Bonobos itself. Otherwise Bonobos is essentially and deceptively taking advantage of free publicity generated by you at your expense.

Ben

Comment

I agree 100%. But as Ron Paul says "THAT MAKES TOO MUCH SENSE!". There's a reason they're making so much money without spending a nickel on advertising.

Comment

Have they actually removed anyone's store credit that was earned from posting on this site? I'm trying to decide if I should spend mine before they take it away. However, I'm really having a hard time finding something to buy. I really like their Slim Straight pants but they don't have my size in stock.

Comment

Hey.. I'm just glad this promotion is finally over and we don't have 10 threads of freebie seeking style forum nerds begging for referrals, then complaining that the manufacturer of the clothing they sought for free, is in fact crap. Holy contradiction batman!

Comment

WOW! They specifically said I would keep all the credit in my account and I just logged in and found its ALL gone. Not only what I earned during this 2 week promo, but also credit I had in there from previous purchase returns. I've emailed the Ninjas....i'm about to start looking up excecutives at the company and start making phone calls. This is absurd.

Comment

It is quite absurd that they would do something like this to a group that has been so faithful to them.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Comment

Working...
                                X