Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gman56
    replied
    My sister works for AE and she just told me the other day that the Independence line have a lambskin lining.
    Better leather in the soles. They come with those classy purple shoebags and actually better boxes.
    Not sure if there are other differences but those are the ones she mentioned.
    Also the only thing better than a great AE sale is the extra 30% I get for family discount.

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
    Looks that way now. I am seeing $265
    Wonder if anyone is planning on a class-action lawsuit about that too.....

Leave a comment:

• JBarwick
    replied
    Originally posted by armedferret View Post
    Indy line uses a better leather, better lining, better soles, and is on the 201 last. Allegedly "more" of the shoe is made in Port Washington as well.

Although it sounds like the pricing you saw may have been a typo, as in my size there's no Bartlett available, but Hopkinson in black and merlot is $265 (still a fantastic price), and Jefferson is the same.

That said, I have walnut Strands, black PAs, and merlot McAllisters already, and brown shell Strands are on my "eventually" list, so there's really nothing for me in that lineup.
    Looks that way now. I am seeing $265

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Indy line uses a better leather, better lining, better soles, and is on the 201 last. Allegedly "more" of the shoe is made in Port Washington as well.

Although it sounds like the pricing you saw may have been a typo, as in my size there's no Bartlett available, but Hopkinson in black and merlot is $265 (still a fantastic price), and Jefferson is the same.

That said, I have walnut Strands, black PAs, and merlot McAllisters already, and brown shell Strands are on my "eventually" list, so there's really nothing for me in that lineup.

Leave a comment:

• JBarwick
    replied
    Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
    Oh oh. I love sales. And shoes. Thanks for posting!

Independence line, yes? Do you know what you get for this so-called better line? Better leather? Better stitching?

I love my AE shoes, but now that I have a pair of Herring shoes, I can see that the workmanship in my AE shoes is not quite up to pair with Herring, and the price was comparable. to AE (I paid $332 on sale--regular $450).

Do you have experience with this line? Are you getting any?
    Yea Independence line. I've heard better leather and it has been a while since I saw them in person. I recall an SF member saying they are on par with Carmina but I cannot comment on that. They are also on a different last.

I am not getting any as my brown semi-brogues are Carmina, I have black cap toes, and I don't think I'd get enough use out of a wing-tip.

Looks like 1sts are $330 on the AE website.

Leave a comment:

• mebejoseph
    replied
    Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
    I was browsing the shoebank and some of the high-end AEs are on sale for $159.60 from the standard 2nds price of $399! These use better leathers and have a different sole. Styles include: Hopkinson (Park Ave), Bartlett (Strand), and Jefferson 2.0 (McCallister).
    Oh oh. I love sales. And shoes. Thanks for posting!

Independence line, yes? Do you know what you get for this so-called better line? Better leather? Better stitching?

I love my AE shoes, but now that I have a pair of Herring shoes, I can see that the workmanship in my AE shoes is not quite up to pair with Herring, and the price was comparable. to AE (I paid $332 on sale--regular $450).

Do you have experience with this line? Are you getting any?

Leave a comment:

• JBarwick
    started a topic AE High-End 2nds Sale

AE High-End 2nds Sale

I was browsing the shoebank and some of the high-end AEs are on sale for $265 from the standard 2nds price of $399! These use better leathers and have a different sole. Styles include: Hopkinson (Park Ave), Bartlett (Strand), and Jefferson 2.0 (McCallister).

My earlier price must have been fixed by AE.
    Last edited by JBarwick; June 1, 2018, 02:06 PM.
Working...
X