Berg & Berg summer sale is LIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of items for 30-50% off. Some of the Grenadines are also getting the cut which is very uncommon for them. I ordered a black grenadine grossa in 9 cm width for $47. The same one from Hober (unlined, self tipped) would be at least $90. Great deals on six fold ties and pants as well. Not much for pocket squares.

https://bergbergstore.com/

Heard only mediocre things about their ties. Do you have any experience? Their PS are not very good from the previews I've seen in my inbox.

Edit: grabbed a few pairs of the pleated pants and an oxblood belt - things I want to try, and something I need. We'll see, I'm worried the leg opening on the pants is too narrow, we'll see.
    Last edited by LosRockets; June 28, 2017, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Their ties are good quality. Better than Suitsupply by far but not as good as Panta ties. My main issue had previously been the narrow for my taste width. The fabrics and construction are very good. I would stick to their silk ties since their linen/silk/wool ties can be too thick to get an easy knot.

In terms of the pants, I ordrres the Alfred model which appear to be cut a bit more wide with a decent rise (12.2 inch front rise and 8 inch leg opening for the size 54).

Comment

Their grenadine ties are not very good when compared to Chipps. The others a pretty nice at the sale price. I find the tie small knots with the four in hand though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jfo2010 View Post
          Their grenadine ties are not very good when compared to Chipps. The others a pretty nice at the sale price. I find the tie small knots with the four in hand though.

Hmm. I don't own any of their grenadines, but online people seem to really like them. I actually like that they are unlined and self-tipped. Others online seem to really like them.

I personally have a grenadine from Chipp, which I do not like at all, and rarely wear. This is because of the thick lining, and the strong taper width, leading to having thick knots with minimal dimple (worst combination IMO).

Comment

Originally posted by doomx View Post
            Hmm. I don't own any of their grenadines, but online people seem to really like them. I actually like that they are unlined and self-tipped. Others online seem to really like them.

I personally have a grenadine from Chipp, which I do not like at all, and rarely wear. This is because of the thick lining, and the strong taper width, leading to having thick knots with minimal dimple (worst combination IMO).
            Looks like we read different reviews on the grenadines. Being stubborn I found out for myself that I didn't care for them.

Looks like we have we have different tastes or opinions for Chipps. I don't find the knots thick and have no problem getting a dimple I'm satisfied with.

Guess the world would be pretty bland if everyone like the same thing.

Comment

Working...
            X