Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allen Edmonds Factory Seconds Sale with Additional Savings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allen Edmonds Factory Seconds Sale with Additional Savings!

They're doing a seconds sale at The Shoe Bank! I just picked up a pair of black 5th Aves for $195. The salesperson who I spoke with said there weren't any blemishes that they could see, so I'm pretty happy with this pickup.

Happy hunting!

I purchased a pair of dark chili 5th Aves for $195 and a pair of walnut Sanfords for $157. I didn't speak to a salesperson to find out the condition, perhaps I should have. This is my first time purchasing factory seconds, so I just used the website. Has anyone ever had a bad experience with factory seconds?

Comment

Also grabbed 5th Aves, also in Dark Chili. Guy told me he didn't notice anything wrong with the pair, but I'm not sure how closely he looked. Will wait and see - hopefully no issues as I don't want to deal with a return from Canada. Great price though.

Comment

Grabbed some Leiden's in Brown for $195 as well! My first AE purchase so I hope they don't have any largely visible blemishes

Comment

Ordered a pair of oxblood Warwicks off the main site. Mostly just so I could get the benefits of my free shoprunner shipping(not a bad Amex perk). Never tried their 201 last but I'm pretty sure I got the right size. Now I'm just stuck waiting until they come in tomorrow to try them on.

Comment

Picked up some Sea Islands in bone. Should get plenty of use. It's already 85 in SC today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I ordered 5 pairs of shoes with the expectation that I might keep 2-3.

MacNeils in burgundy cordovan, a couple pairs of <$100 loafers, walnut Shreveports, and navy Oak Streets.
              Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                I ordered 5 pairs of shoes with the expectation that I might keep 2-3.
                Heh, I kinda did the same. Don't know what im going to commit to in the end but the Warwicks are the ones I'm most excited for

Comment

Wish I could do that in Canada Le sigh

Comment

Got my order in yesterday.

Northland camp mocs are keepers. Supple, substantial leather, they already feel broken in. Cannot tell what the cosmetic defect is supposed to be.

Bit loafers look too feminine on my feet and the leather sole isn't a good fit for me wearing them casually, so they are going back, even though they were only $100. Can't tell the cosmetic defect on these either, though I decided against them so quickly that I didn't really spend much time looking.

Pretty sure I'm sending the cordovan MacNeils back. There is some subtly lopsided construction going on and a ton of heel slip when walking with them. For $150 I might keep them, but $400? No.

Shreveports... I reeeeally like these... and I do not observe any cosmetic defect other than a little uneven stitching... but it feel like there is some kind of lumpy lopsidedness inside the sole of the left shoe. Hard to say if this would affect their long-term comfort or otherwise bother me. I'm on the fence about keeping them. They would definitely be perfect for my "summer casual" jacket and tie outfits (seersucker, linen, cotton, etc).

Oak Streets are the most obviously cosmetically flawed, with cap toes that are both unevenly sized and sewn at slightly different angles, plus some excess dye stains on parts of the leather. I'd almost be tempted to keep them anyway but a blue leather cap toe with red brick soles does feel awfully redundant to my blue suede J.Crew wingtips with red brick soles.
                    Ben

Comment

Working...
                    X