Brooks Brothers is doing 50% off suits and sport coats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brooks Brothers is doing 50% off suits and sport coats

Looks like Brooks Brothers is doing a 50% sale for suits and sport coats from now through Monday. Some great looking option in the $250-$500 range

Is there a link associated with this?

I'm not at a computer right now to check.

Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sose View Post
      Is there a link associated with this?

I'm not at a computer right now to check.

Thanks for the heads up.

Nope, its just through the main Brooks Brothers website http://www.brooksbrothers.com/ There should be a banner near the top advertising it.

Comment

How do these compare to J Crew, S&M etc? Very expensive when not half off.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by thedude1980 View Post
          How do these compare to J Crew, S&M etc? Very expensive when not half off.

Brooks Borthers is an absolute classic, they are the oldest clothier in the United States and have outfitted almost all the US presidents. They now have multiple lines varying in cost, quality, and manufacturing origin, but overall I find their stuff to be as well if not considerably better made than J Crew and S&M.

Comment

BB Fitz and Milano are probably what you'd be happy with, and the quality is, of course, above the brands you referenced. I think the re-configured Red Fleece is akin to J Crew/upper-tier BR. If there's Black Fleece on sale, get that.

EDIT: Just get this and call it a day:
            http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Fitzge...efault,pd.html

Comment

Originally posted by Me27 View Post
              Brooks Borthers is an absolute classic, they are the oldest clothier in the United States and have outfitted almost all the US presidents. They now have multiple lines varying in cost, quality, and manufacturing origin, but overall I find their stuff to be as well if not considerably better made than J Crew and S&M.
              It's hilarious that people on this forum know J Crew and S&M before Brooks Brothers. Not to say that Brooks Brothers is higher quality (although that's an easy argument to make), but I can't think of another name more synonymous with prepwear in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by lax101 View Post
                It's hilarious that people on this forum know J Crew and S&M before Brooks Brothers. Not to say that Brooks Brothers is higher quality (although that's an easy argument to make), but I can't think of another name more synonymous with prepwear in the US.
                .... and most of it is, without a doubt, higher quality.

Comment

haha yeah its pretty surprising, Brooks Brothers has always been the first name that comes to mind for me when it comes to classic American business wear and tailored goods, but I guess J Crew and S&M get mentioned on here way more simply because of their price point.

Comment

I know of Brooks Brothers. I think more know J Crew etc because they are more budget friendly. But with the half some of them are in that price range. I didn't know if the different lines were lesser quality as is the case with Ralph Lauren for example. This one peaked my interest, but has no reviews. http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Fitzge...c=affiliate.cj.

Comment

Originally posted by jonATL View Post
                      .... and most of it is, without a doubt, higher quality.
                      I was about to say that outright, but there's enough pinholes in BB's brand (as would be the case with any 200+ year old company, with a dozen sub-brands) for people to critique that comment.

For me, I rarely buy BB because I find almost all of their fits to be quite unflattering off the rack, and I'd rather not rack up a tailoring bill with each purchase. But my god, the quality on their higher end slacks and jackets are tremendous.

Comment

Originally posted by Me27 View Post
                        Nope, its just through the main Brooks Brothers website http://www.brooksbrothers.com/ There should be a banner near the top advertising it.
                        Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by thedude1980 View Post
                          I know of Brooks Brothers. I think more know J Crew etc because they are more budget friendly. But with the half some of them are in that price range. I didn't know if the different lines were lesser quality as is the case with Ralph Lauren for example. This one peaked my interest, but has no reviews. http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Fitzge...c=affiliate.cj.

Yeah the way they have their lines set up is a little confusing. The lesser lines (cheaper stuff) are definitely lesser quality, but still very good stuff for the most part, from my experience their lowest line is probably best compared j Crew in terms of quality. Then it just goes up from there.

It is not sold through the main website, so maybe off topic, but they also have a 346 line that is an outlet line. Again, a step down quality wise, but not bad stuff.....Kinda a similar deal to J Crew and J Crew Factory.....They are clearly labeled "346" but just something to keep in mind in case you come across one.

Comment

...hilarious? Mainline BB suits retail for well north of $1,000... most Dappered readers are shopping in a price range where $400 for a Suitsupply suit is a stretch. They view mainline J.Crew as accessible only when it's steeply discounted. It's hardly surprising that BB, which retails much higher and runs sales less frequently, doesn't really register on most people's radars when they are looking for an affordable suit.

Plus, regardless of the fact that BB does offer some slimmer/more modern cuts, BB has a solid reputation for being the store that sells old man sack suits to old men. You can find more modern, youthful, style-conscious cuts if you know to look, but that's certainly not the image BB projects to would-be buyers.
                            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                              ...hilarious? Mainline BB suits retail for well north of $1,000... most Dappered readers are shopping in a price range where $400 for a Suitsupply suit is a stretch. They view mainline J.Crew as accessible only when it's steeply discounted. It's hardly surprising that BB, which retails much higher and runs sales less frequently, doesn't really register on most people's radars when they are looking for an affordable suit.

Plus, regardless of the fact that BB does offer some slimmer/more modern cuts, BB has a solid reputation for being the store that sells old man sack suits to old men. You can find more modern, youthful, style-conscious cuts if you know to look, but that's certainly not the image BB projects to would-be buyers.
                              And here's the argument I was expecting. Brooks Brothers is sold in just about every mall in America. They practically invented the OCBD and is often the stereotype and/or caricature of the stuffy menswear clothier of choice.

Just because someone can't afford to shop at Brooks Brothers doesn't mean that person hasn't heard of it or is unfamiliar with its general reputation. Also, Joe CONSTANTLY posts Brooks Brothers sales on Dappered, so the 'readers aren't familiar with the brand' argument doesn't really stick for this specific audience.

Comment

Working...
                              X