Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JCP Stafford boots - $59.99 for the Gunner, and $69.99 for the Deacon. +25%coupon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JCP Stafford boots - $59.99 for the Gunner, and $69.99 for the Deacon. +25%coupon

JCP Stafford boots on sale - $59.99 for the Gunner, and $69.99 for the Deacon. Extra coupons ("4savebig") should bring them down up to 25% more
    http://www.jcpenney.com/jsp/search/r...tItemType=XGNS

Is there any difference in fit/feel between the Gunner and the Deacon? I see the Deacon has more broguing and tends to run about a half size bigger.

Comment

To my knowledge there isn't a difference. I have a pair of the Gunners and they run slightly large.

Comment

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
        To my knowledge there isn't a difference. I have a pair of the Gunners and they run slightly large.
        Thanks. Do you recommend the Gunners?

Comment

Definitely recommend them, especially if you can get them for a steal! I got mine for about $45 by combining a sale & promo they were running a year or so ago. So far they've held up very well and are pretty damn comfortable out of the box. I've heard that the leather has changed slightly over the years from some folks, but in general they're a great deal.

Also if you do grab them and decide to go with the Cognac I'd highly suggest giving this a try. I did the exact same thing with mine like 2 weeks before Joe's post and love the outcome. If you would like I can snap a pic or two of mine when I get home tonight.

Comment

Thanks for the info [MENTION=15577]Rawfull[/MENTION]. I'm definitely considering buying the Gunners in cognac. I would love to see the pics of yours after the black polish. if it looks good, i may biu 2 pairs and polish one and leave the other as is. Thanks

Comment

Did I miss out already? Was trying to pick up the deacons but they seem to be back to their original price of 120? After 25% off they still come out to 90....

Comment

Here's two pictures I just snapped real quick before heading out for dinner. 1st the sun was setting directly onto them so I snapped another out of the sun. Hope these help. I like how they came out, could have gone darker with the shoe polish but didn't feel the need.

Comment

Wait a bit longer. $59.99 is at the high end of what they'll be "discounted" to. They'll hit $50-55 usually, and towards the middle/end of winter, even $45.

Comment

Originally posted by GWL3 View Post
                    Thanks. Do you recommend the Gunners?
                    Highly recommend for the price. Which as OP stated was $60, plus 25% off i.e $45. I happen to own 3, one in black and two in cognac which I have had a lot of fun polishing with various patinas. As I only paid $35 each for the last 2 (the first I paid $45), it took the pressure off to experiment and I ended up doing two different custom dye jobs on them.

While there are occasional dry spells, they do go on sale rather regularly. I would wait. I'm a 12D in AE, but had to go 13 on these. The 12 was too tight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                      Here's two pictures I just snapped real quick before heading out for dinner. 1st the sun was setting directly onto them so I snapped another out of the sun. Hope these help. I like how they came out, could have gone darker with the shoe polish but didn't feel the need.
                      [MENTION=15577]Rawfull[/MENTION] thanks for the pics. I think I missed the sale. they are back to $120 this morning. it seems they go on sale quite a bit, so next time I'll get 2 pairs and polish one. BTW, you did a nice job with yours. Not too dark, but just enough.

Comment

wearing the brown stafford deacon boots right now, highly recommended, very comfortable. i think i got them when they were $69.99, i noticed when they go lower it can be difficult to find certain sizes.

also the included shoelaces are way too long, best to buy some different ones.

Comment

Just picked up the cognac gunner for $45. Currently $60 plus 25% off with GOSAVE34 promo code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bazilly View Post
                            Just picked up the cognac gunner for $45. Currently $60 plus 25% off with GOSAVE34 promo code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I did the same thing!! With shipping it ended up being $53. I've been reading so many great things about these boots on this site, so I'm excited to finally get a chance to see for myself.

Comment

I'm pleased with the Gunner in Cognac but not with the Deacon in Brown. The former is a pliable leather that can be polished; whereas, the latter is a patent (i.e. plastic coated) leather so stiff that it cracked after one season. Neither shoe compares to the Allen Edmond's Dalton, but these are 1/5 to 1/10 the price!

Comment

Working...
                              X