JCF plus Gilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JCF plus Gilt

JCF has 60% off plus an extra 20% off when you buy 3 or more items, and Gilt has a 30% off voucher available.

Just in case anyone is interested....

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
    JCF has 60% off plus an extra 20% off when you buy 3 or more items, and Gilt has a 30% off voucher available.

Just in case anyone is interested....
    30% off stackable voucher that is.

Comment

Yeah, just reserved mine too. Good for everything except suiting.

Comment

it didn't stack for me. you can only add one code, right?

Comment

The "stacking" in this case is the "up to 60% off as marked" plus the gilt. I don't think JC or JCF has every allowed you to enter more than one code.
          On the phone or at the store, student's stack their student discount.

Comment

Beware: This is a crappy deal.

I was all ready to place an order last night (5/3) with the 30% voucher on top, when prices were advertised as "up to 50% off everything." Then this morning (5/4), the "up to 60% off" actually jacked UP most of the prices. A blazer I was looking at went from $106 to $140. A jacket I was looking at went from $88 to $102.

In other words, JCF raised its most of its prices in order to offset the 30% off voucher. When you apply the voucher, you're breaking even, at best, with their typical price points. Really annoying.

And it looks like this current "sale" aka price targeting is lasting until 5/9, so fingers crossed they drop prices back down in a couple days (doubtful).

Comment

Yep. my cart went up 10-15% while i was waiting on my Gilt voucher. And it's not "stacking" when you get a discount on top of the "up to 60% off as marked" or whatever because JCF is always claiming that bullshit discount.

Comment

I read someone sued them for false pricing. They were suing them saying nothing is ever sold at MSRP so it's a false discount they are advertising.

Comment

I think that's why they say "valued at..." now.

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                  I read someone sued them for false pricing. They were suing them saying nothing is ever sold at MSRP so it's a false discount they are advertising.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it was JC Penney, not J.Crew or J.Crew Factory, that got sued on that issue.
                    Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                      I'm pretty sure it was JC Penney, not J.Crew or J.Crew Factory, that got sued on that issue.
                      Seconded. Although I do think that lawsuit influenced JCF's "valued at" pricing scheme mentioned by [MENTION=14380]Alpha King[/MENTION].

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                        There's one for JCrew too - https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-...e-sale-prices/

Comment

There are a lot of companies being sued for vanity pricing right now. TJ Maxx is another.

On one hand, it would be great for companies to stop pulling this crap. On the other hand, most of the companies that play these vanity pricing games (e.g. JCP & other department stores) are really struggling as is, and this is one of the few marketing tools they use to retain their shrinking customer base. If they lost the ability to play these games, it would probably further damage their sales, which would then cause some of these retail companies to go bankrupt, and then it would ultimately mean fewer options and competition for customers.

Comment

Working...
                          X