Allen Edmonds Anniversary Sale 4/8 - 4/25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allen Edmonds Anniversary Sale 4/8 - 4/25

Just got the catalog in the mail and they are having their sale from April 8th - 25th, with up to $100 off.

The one thing I noticed is that their Boone is $100 off so it is at $195 which is the price for the Kenton suede bucks from J Crew. Thinking of picking up a pair myself. There are a few other good deals to be had as well.

Anyone know what the chances are that Shoebank runs a sale at the same time?

Comment

They typically do; however, it is not the "same" sale. For example, not all the same models will be on sale, and not all the discounts will be equivalent.

So just as an example, using the Boone mentioned above. It is currently $137 on Shoebank. It will not be $37 during the sale. They may lower it to something like $117 to make the difference between seconds and firsts more substantial. Or they may consider it low enough, with a large enough price difference, and not have any sale on that particular model.

Comment

Originally posted by connersw View Post
        They typically do; however, it is not the "same" sale. For example, not all the same models will be on sale, and not all the discounts will be equivalent.

So just as an example, using the Boone mentioned above. It is currently $137 on Shoebank. It will not be $37 during the sale. They may lower it to something like $117 to make the difference between seconds and firsts more substantial. Or they may consider it low enough, with a large enough price difference, and not have any sale on that particular model.
        That makes sense - thanks for the info!

Comment

i feel like shoe bank also usually has their sale AFTER the main site does. an influx of a certain kind of seasonal shoes, and they start dropping the prices.

for $195 shoes this may not be the case though, they usually don't get to far below $100 or so anyhow.

Comment

Got the catalog this morning and found the sale items to be pretty meh.

Comment

The past couple price hikes have really taken the excitement out of the sale. $100 off means they're just about $300, instead of normally around $250 or less per pair.

Comment

i did some price analysis a while ago, and it seemed to me like they've mostly kept with inflation, and rises in leather prices. leather is expensive

Comment

Working...
                X