Today's BR F&F sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's BR F&F sale

Although Gap family of brands is a go-to for me, I'm pretty stocked up right now, and could stand to put frivolous style expenditures on hold for the moment. I'll just leave my 50% off code here.

N2M6DZ91NCRJ

I guess this can also be a general discussion thread regarding the sale, if anyone feels such an inclination?

Also, it's only in store! For 50% you would have to go or call.

Unless others have 50% off online code! I just tried this and I only got 40%.

KSD

Comment

Hey guys,

Anyone got a 50% off online code available??? I'm really wanting to push go on that briefcase! Please let me know or PM me

Hope that wasn't too pushy.

KSD

Comment

Did you get the briefcase in the end? Did you get the 50% off? I bought one for $99 and it arrived on Saturday. It's a little less slim than it looked in the photos but the leather looks good.

Originally posted by KantStopDario View Post
        Hey guys,

Anyone got a 50% off online code available??? I'm really wanting to push go on that briefcase! Please let me know or PM me

Hope that wasn't too pushy.

KSD

Comment

Hey [MENTION=13548]srlclark[/MENTION],

No I did not! I wanted too very badly, but I didn't have 50% off code and I couldn't get anyone to throw one my way.

I wasn't going to get it for 40% off because I'm stubborn and would have rationalized that if others are getting it for 50%, then I should get it at 50% as well...

I! Very happy you like it!!! It looks great, to be honest! I'm not a big fan of zipper leather bags, but that BR is an exception. Hope it works out for you!

If not, you know where to find me

Comment

[MENTION=14560]KantStopDario[/MENTION]

I can understand that, especially as they were getting the larger discount at the same time as you weren't getting it. If I decided not to keep the bag, I'd be happy to sell it to you. That way, I'd keep the reward points I got from using my BR card, which I wouldn't keep if I returned it to BR. I think I will keep it, but I'll let you know by the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by srlclark View Post
              [MENTION=14560]KantStopDario[/MENTION]

I can understand that, especially as they were getting the larger discount at the same time as you weren't getting it. If I decided not to keep the bag, I'd be happy to sell it to you. That way, I'd keep the reward points I got from using my BR card, which I wouldn't keep if I returned it to BR. I think I will keep it, but I'll let you know by the weekend.
              Oh is the BR card the reason why you might have gotten the 50%???

Comment

Oh is the BR card the reason why you might have gotten the 50%???
                Yes. I believe that only people who'd signed up for a BR card (and perhaps also a Gap card or an Old Navy card) were supposed to get the 50% off code. There are ways around that, though. This time last year, I was chatting to a sales associate a few days before the sale and he gave me a 50% off coupon. I bought a couple of big ticket items in the sale - a suit and a topcoat - and so opened up a card to get the reward points, which gave me something like $30 or $40 in BR vouchers from those purchases.

Comment

I should just open a BR card. Do you always get extra sale %'s.

Comment

Often. Right now, I can get 40% off my purchase (although not on BR picks and a few other top items), whereas the only sale on for non-card holders is 30% extra off sale items.

The other thing to note is that you get 5% back in vouchers for every thing you spend at BR or the rest of the Gap stores, so that if you spend $100 there, they will give you a $5 voucher. You also get 1% back in vouchers for everything you spend outside the Gap family, so that you'd get a $5 voucher for every $500 you spend there. I also have a J. Crew card, where you get a $25 voucher for every $500 you spend, but you can only use the card at J. Crew or J. Crew Factory. Also, the points come off after a year. I spent less than $500 in the first year I had the card (I opened it on the same day early last March that I opened the BR card), so some of my points just came off a week or two ago. By contrast, because BR gives awards in $5 increments per $100 spent and you can earn points with purchases outside the store, I have had lots of BR vouchers in the past year. Right now, I have $30 and I should get another $15 or $20 shortly after my next statement at the end of the month.

As with most store cards, you get a 15% discount on your first purchase with the card, but it's not combinable with all other promotions, so you might not be able to use it, depending on what promotion is going on at the time. Most BR promotions are for considerably more than 15%.

I also just found out today about eBates. You should check out the thread on Wolverine in this section where we discussed it. You can get 2-6% or so back on items at a huge number of stores. And unlike with the BR card, you get it back in cash, not in vouchers to keep you hooked on a particular store.

Comment

I should just open a BR card. Do you always get extra sale %'s.
                      Many times they have an extra 10% in store for card members, less often online. It's definitely worth having because it can save you money from time to time and you do get rewards eventually if you spend a certain amount. If i were you I would wait until you had a whole bunch of stuff to buy before getting a card because you get an extra 10% or 15% (I think it's 15% but I may be wrong) off for the first week I think.

Comment

[MENTION=13548]srlclark[/MENTION] Thanks for the info on the J Crew card. I'm a BR card holder and have been tempted to get a jcrew card, but it just doesn't sound as beneficial. I like the BR card because I can earn rewards on purchases outside of the brand. I don't shop there as much as I used to, but whenever I do there is always some kind of sale and I usually have some amount of rewards. Everything I buy there ends up costing me relatively little. I was also upgraded to the Luxe status last year, and that comes with even better benefits. If you shop at the Gap family regularly, I would recommend the BR card. The apr is high, so just make sure you pay off whatever you put on it every month.

[MENTION=14560]KantStopDario[/MENTION] There is currently a 50% off one full price item in store early access sale for card holders (it runs through today and may extend through the weekend), so maybe if you sign up and they have it in stock near you, you can get the brief case at 50% off.

Comment

Working...
                        X