Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cardcash.com AE gift card

Hey all,

searching around on the internet I ran across this site, cardcash.com. I am weary of gift card sites, but thought I'd give it a shot. 14% off AE gift cards right now. On the site there is a 45 day guarantee and since I was planning on making a purchase today, I went for it and it worked for me. Anyways, I cannot guarantee that this site is 100% legitimate across the board, but plenty of AE cards left at $200 for $172. Just an FYI in case someone is in the market for some new AEs or seconds.

Like I said, in no way affiliated with the site, just sharing some info on something that worked for me. Have a new pair of Cronmoks on the way and was able to save some cash in the process.

Also, for the record, was able to snag a pair of tan Cronmoks 1sts from the shoebank for $147 (even more discounted with use of the giftcard). So if anyone is in the market for those, might be a good idea to place a call to a shoebank. The one I bought from is located in Maine.

Comment

I use cardcash a lot. I did buy an AE gift card off of them at one point in the past. They guarantee they will send you the gift e-card in 24 hours. So, there is some risk if the item you want to buy sells out or a sale ends before you receive the gift card. I usually receive the card after less than 40 minutes, but I think the very first gift card I purchased took a couple of hours.

Sometimes gift cards don't work. This happend to me only once. I bought 3 J. Crew gift cards, and one of them was a dud. I called, and they quickly gave me another gift card. I can't remember if I had to pay for it or not though. If I did, then I am sure I was eventually reimbursed. I think there was an arbitration period that took at least a couple of days.

cardcash is my preferred gift card seller. You can find a lot of others on giftcardgranny.com, but I found out recently that some of them try to gather information about you, which may or may not bother you. Cardbucks will try to extract data from your gmail or facebook account. I was denied a cardbucks account because my gmail account isn't linked to my name. I tried to escalate this, since I already gave them my credit card number and home address, but they have not responded to my email from last Friday. It was a holiday weekend though. Raise would not let me create an account without disclosing my birth day. I believe Cardbucks guarantees their gift cards will work the first time you use them. They also try to deliver it very quickly (while you are standing in line to make a purchase). So, there is a tradeoff between disclosing personal information and reliability of the gift cards.

One last word of warning: many (most?) retailers will not give you a refund in cash if you return an item purchase with a gift card. So, you probably want to make sure you will not return the item you are buying, or at least make sure you will be able to buy something else at that store later.

Comment

Originally posted by pmestrad View Post
        Also, for the record, was able to snag a pair of tan Cronmoks 1sts from the shoebank for $147 (even more discounted with use of the giftcard). So if anyone is in the market for those, might be a good idea to place a call to a shoebank. The one I bought from is located in Maine.
        How would they be firsts if on shoebank

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
          How would they be firsts if on shoebank
          The seconds on shoebank were $127. I called in, however, and one of the employees informed me they were on closeout and he could get me a pair of 1sts for $147.

Comment

Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
              Wow.
              Still on Shoebank for $127 if you are in the market and the right shoe size.

Comment

Wish I had seen this post before I bought some shoes from the flash sale...

Comment

Working...
                X