Poor mans Indy boot: AEO Suede Pioneer boot in Cognac $62.00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor mans Indy boot: AEO Suede Pioneer boot in Cognac $62.00

Yea, it is from AEO but for $62.00 (w/ code: SPOOKY31), this could be a good beater boot without worrying about the suede

I have had good luck with AEO boots. Bought a pair of wingtip boots two years ago for beaters and they are holding up great. The boots linked look like the J crew Kenton suede boots I purchased last spring.
    Last edited by Pepetito; October 30, 2015, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Just ordered them for beaters you dont have to worry about, I will let you guys know!

Comment

Really intrigued by these. For $62 it could be a steal. Looks exactly like the JCrew Pacer Suede boots. Anybody else have experience with AE boots?

Comment

I'm intrigued as well. Looking forward to hear how they are.

On a similar note, thoughts on these poor mans chipps/1ks? Granted you could find chipps for not that much more if you're patient.

http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/en_US/me.../p/38842756-26

Comment

Anyone try these guys in person? Down to $54!

Comment

Down to $44.97, for anyone interested. There's a similar, non-moc toe version in a less red, more tan color going for $41.99. Tempted to try and see. Anyone have experience?

Comment

I got an aeo boot a while back, the leather was as hard as plastic XD

Comment

Looks like a good deal on price....Anyone know how the sizing on these is?

Comment

Originally posted by cal86 View Post
                    Looks like a good deal on price....Anyone know how the sizing on these is?
                    Mine should be coming in tomorrow. For $35? Why not. And if it ain't good, I can always return it.

Originally posted by flatbear View Post
                    I got an aeo boot a while back, the leather was as hard as plastic XD
                    Which is why I should be lucky I got the suede version then. Hopefully the suede won't be as bad.

Comment

Mine came in today. The fit is just a tad roomy, but not enough to size down. The quality isn't world class, but it does not feel like cheap plastic either. The toe and heel appear to be burnished, giving these more of a timeworn look. Overall, I would say these are not bad for $45.

Comment

Originally posted by sirbluedevil View Post
                        Mine came in today. The fit is just a tad roomy, but not enough to size down. The quality isn't world class, but it does not feel like cheap plastic either. The toe and heel appear to be burnished, giving these more of a timeworn look. Overall, I would say these are not bad for $45.
                        Did you get the moc toe or plain toe?

I've gotten the plain toe yesterday as well, and have had roughly 6 hrs of wear on them. They hold up nice. The suede isn't revolutionary, but it isn't bad either. The toe has some burnishing, didn't notice any on the heel. It's a decent boot, especially considering I got it for $35. One thing to note is that the color is much lighter than what is pictured on the website.

Comment

Working...
                        X