• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon.com Tommy Hilfiger Tuxedo $139 for Jacket

This is for the jacket only, in either the peak or shawl collar:

http://www.amazon.com/Tommy-Hilfiger...ilfiger+tuxedo

http://www.amazon.com/Tommy-Hilfiger...ilfiger+tuxedo

You'd still have to go to Macy's for the pants, put $139.00 is way less the lowest price that Macy's offers on the jacket (they tend to bottom out at $200).

As for the odd button stance on the shawl, I own the shawl jacket ... it looks normal in real life, but admittedly weird on the website. Not sure why.

The peak lapel is 2 button but the shawl collar looks good other than a possibly high button stance.

Comment

That's a good deal, and the peak lapel would probably be my choice for a tuxedo should I ever need one. High button stance stance works well for me.

Comment

[MENTION=12508]BrandonD[/MENTION]

Picked up the shawl - thanks for the tip!

Here's a link to TH pants at $89.97 - think they'd match?

http://www.c21stores.com/product/tom...m-tuxedo-pants

Comment

No problem! I haven't seen TH put out any other tuxedo pants, and they were regularly selling for $150 (full price) at Macy's until a recent price increase, so I'd guess they're a match.

And for what it's worth, I got the shawl jacket at bluefly.com and the pants and macy's.com, and they were a perfect match (the serial numbers on each item matched).

Originally posted by Murph65 View Post
          [MENTION=12508]BrandonD[/MENTION]

Picked up the shawl - thanks for the tip!

Here's a link to TH pants at $89.97 - think they'd match?

http://www.c21stores.com/product/tom...m-tuxedo-pants

Comment

Update on this. The jacket came yesterday. Looks great. Seems like first quality. However, it came with a tag attached from"Suit Depot" with a price of $119.00 - 20 bucks less than the Amazon price.

Went to the Suit Depot site and sure enough - $119, with free shipping. So you can save another 20 bucks! Awesome price on this. Have to decide whether I'm gonna bother to send it back to Amazon.

As as to my Century 21 pants purchase, the material is the same and they are a good match to the jacket. The jacket has a style name of "Brooks" and the pants are labeled "Bryan" with numbers TX1001 and TX101 respectively. Both have the "Classically Tailored Trim Fit" tags. Seems like there must be a difference of some sort, but I can't figure out what it is.

So a full Hilfiger Trim fit monkey suit for $209.97 - not too shabby!

Comment

Great find on that Suit Depot site! After doing a Google search for discounts there, I found that Groupon currently has a promotion with them, so you can get $50 off by buying a $25 gift card there: https://www.groupon.com/deals/the-suit-depot

So now we're down to $183.97 for the entire tuxedo. Groupon mentioned a promo code on top of that, "FUN20" for an extra 20% off on the jacket, but that wasn't working as of today (would get it down to $160 and change). Oh well ...

As for you description of the jacket and pants, that's exactly how mine appear too. And I agree; If there's a difference, I can't tell what it is.

Originally posted by Murph65 View Post
              Update on this. The jacket came yesterday. Looks great. Seems like first quality. However, it came with a tag attached from"Suit Depot" with a price of $119.00 - 20 bucks less than the Amazon price.

Went to the Suit Depot site and sure enough - $119, with free shipping. So you can save another 20 bucks! Awesome price on this. Have to decide whether I'm gonna bother to send it back to Amazon.

As as to my Century 21 pants purchase, the material is the same and they are a good match to the jacket. The jacket has a style name of "Brooks" and the pants are labeled "Bryan" with numbers TX1001 and TX101 respectively. Both have the "Classically Tailored Trim Fit" tags. Seems like there must be a difference of some sort, but I can't figure out what it is.

So a full Hilfiger Trim fit monkey suit for $209.97 - not too shabby!

Comment

The groupon is for in store only. I am now stuck with it I guess.

Comment

That's bizarre and I'm sorry to see you're stuck with it. Groupon made no mention of this being a coupon for "in store" purchases only, and the ad (when I first saw it on the 9th, but oddly it's not there today) mentioned a 20% off promo code to use in conjunction the Groupon. If it was only for in store use only, was their intention for customers to tell the promo code to the cashier in person? That's, well, strange.

Will Groupon give a refund?

Originally posted by Alpha King View Post
                  The groupon is for in store only. I am now stuck with it I guess.

Comment

Okay, Groupon really sucks. They say they will give you a refund but they never even hint at how you're supposed to get it. They did not specifically say it was for in-store purchases only but they would not admit that. I had to screw around on their website for like a half hour to get to a live chat where I had to threaten them. They blamed the vendor... But supposedly my refund is underway.

So then I call Suit Depot and they say that Groupon basically writes all the copy for the deal and they really have no control. They immediately offer me a $25 discount, which is what I was after to begin with. But after the discount my order is 94 buck which is under their 100 dollar free shipping threshold, so I have to pay 12 bucks shipping equaling 106 bucks. So I argue with them to just give me 19 dollars off so i can still get shipping. In their defense, the lady said their POS was new and it was just an idiosyncrasy of the system, and she was very accommodating and made it work out.

So long story short I got the jacket for 100 bucks.

***Updated 10/12***

NOT SO FAST! Suit Depot emails and said that they pulled a 42R instead of a 42L and they are now out of 42L in peak lapel, so they tried to offer me some lesser quality jacket for the same price. I say no, and almost just ask for my money back, but check online to see that the shawl lapel is still in stock in my size. I tell them I want the shawl, they kind of try to talk me into a notch, but I stick to my guns and they capitulate.

I guess I just have to wait and see what I end up with when it gets delivered, because at this point who knows what'll show up on my doorstep...
                    Last edited by Alpha King; August 12, 2015, 02:56 PM. Reason: updated

Comment

How do the pants fit? Can you give me an actual waist measurement in relation to the listed?

Comment

For reference purposes, I'm 5'11", 190-200lbs (depending on the season), and normally wear a 42R jacket.

In jeans, khakis, or shorts, I'm a 34-36 waist, depending on the company. In dress pants, I'm usually a 37-38.

For the TH tuxedo pants, I got a 38x30, and they were a great fit, especially since I had the belt loops removed and suspender buttons installed. If I kept the loops on, I would have taken the pants in to a 37.

As for your question, I don't know the waist measurements off hand.

Comment

Working...
                        X