$100 JCrew Alfred Sargent Shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to the JCrew store today. They had blue suede double monks and cap toe boots by Alfred Sargent for J Crew selling at $100.
    On clearance, sticker states $399, but salesmen were telling me the shoes and ties were 75% off.
    So I got the blue suede double monks for $100 (and some shorts for $8.50). Scattered sizes

nice....too bad my j crew is p crappy...doubt theyll have it :/

bought them online for 240

Comment

Forgot to post a pic. My guess is you'd find them in several J Crew Men's Shop stores and perhaps general J Crew stores that carry men's dress shoes(?). Not sure though.

Edit: color is a little darker than in person

Comment

Those are beautiful shoes. Looks like the deal of the century at $100. Suede makes me nervous though...

Comment

Originally posted by nick3 View Post
          Those are beautiful shoes. Looks like the deal of the century at $100. Suede makes me nervous though...
          I agree - and I'll point out that suede is much more durable and forgiving of rough treatment than people give it credit for.

Comment

Do you suppose different grades of suede perform differently? I never though of it really. There is certainly a big difference in the wear factor of my AE's versus some Calibrate leather shoes or something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by nick3 View Post
              Do you suppose different grades of suede perform differently? I never though of it really. There is certainly a big difference in the wear factor of my AE's versus some Calibrate leather shoes or something similar.
              Probably, though the difference I notice in suede is that more expensive suede tends to be softer, more pliable. Either way, I spray all of my suede with nano protector and keep a suede brush and eraser on hand and that seems to keep it looking nice.

Comment

I wonder if that is an in-store only deal? The website just says 40% off? I'm in Chicago, and I highly doubt they're any size 10 double monks left at any of the JCrew stores here. Great pick up for you though!

Comment

There's a difference. I have AE, Meermin, and Carmina suede. Carmina is far and away softer, more pliable, and more plush. Really want more of it. I am guessing Alfred Sargent suede is on the same level as Carmina

Also, suede is a lot harder wearing than calf in my experience

Comment

Called around to a few stores but could only find them at 50% off $400. Which store did you go to?

Comment

Can anyone speak to how the last/sizing compares to say, AE 5 last shoes? Or any other reference/sizing point? I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on those blue ones, but since they're final sale, I'm hesitant to spend the cash on them without being a little more comfortable about how they fit. I'm a true 8D is most shoes (to include most AEs).

Comment

Originally posted by Matchbook View Post
                        Can anyone speak to how the last/sizing compares to say, AE 5 last shoes? Or any other reference/sizing point? I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on those blue ones, but since they're final sale, I'm hesitant to spend the cash on them without being a little more comfortable about how they fit. I'm a true 8D is most shoes (to include most AEs).
                        if you talk to customer service, they'll waive final sale. that's what i did. have 8D's on the way in the blue...but i am a 7.5D in all AE's.

Comment

I went to the Lenox Mall location in Atlanta.
                          Smooth leather (e.g. Calfskin) generally has a greater variance of quality than suede does. So I normally wouldn't shell out as much for suede as I would for smooth leather.
                          The suede on these is very soft and also happen to be very "short"/low to the shoe like a low rise carpet.

Comment

Working...
                          X