Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JCF 40ish% off Oxford Cloth Thompson Suit - Good Deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JCF 40ish% off Oxford Cloth Thompson Suit - Good Deal?

This suit is currently around 40% off the "list" price for both jacket and pants:

Jacket ($118, down from $198)
    Pants ($68, down from $118)

Is this a good price, or is it likely to be cheaper soon? Is this one of those situations where a new code will be rolled out Sunday night and the discounted price will still be in place?

I've seen it cheaper than that fairly recently, but no idea if it will go lower again soon. The JCF codes that work on suits are getting more uncommon.

Comment

If you live near a JCF store they have a current coupon for 30% off of your purchase. You simply need to go in two previous times and make a purchase. I think this coupon is good till around October. It helped me get both of these for around $75!
      https://factory.jcrew.com/mens-cloth...=british-khaki
      https://factory.jcrew.com/mens-cloth...=british-khaki

Comment

Was it significantly cheaper? I'm not concerned about getting the absolute lowest price, but I don't want to leave $30 on the table, either. I hate JCF's price games.

Comment

It was 50% off in store but they did not have my size so I needed to have it shipped. The 30% coupon was put on top of it! Not to mention somehow the employee I was speaking to on the phone gave me a 20% off (I think) discount. Oh it was in the British Khaki! So if I bought it online it would have been $246. It was a really good deal. Fabric on it is mediocre but pretty good for what I paid.

Comment

Ah, I meant to be replying to HowlinAtTheMoon. Unfortunately I'm not near a JCF, so I can't do the in store coupon thing.

Comment

I think it was $160 for the jacket and pants when they had the suiting sale+gilt city coupon.

Comment

Incidentally, I ended up getting the suit for about $120 by using a new code before they changed their prices. What a strange way to run a site.

Comment

I ordered mine a week ago... it should be here today. Paid the "sale" price- interested to see the quality. It will be my first non-wool Thompson, and while I am a big fan of the worsted wool ones, the fabric on some of the cotton products at JCF gives me pause. The Bedford Slim pants, for instance, can be papery thin and the Chino suit fabric I saw in store did not move the needle for the price.

We shall see if this suit can cut muster or not.

Comment

Working...
                  X