Allen Edmonds strand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drzenitram View Post
    As it turns out, Belk customer service was wrong! My shoes came in today and they were BOURBON!

I think I like.
    Sweet. Mine get here today or tomorrow, and while I'd be happy with walnut, I think I prefer bourbon. How was the quality--are they seconds? I still have a hard time believing the price I paid.

Comment

Originally posted by facelessghost View Post
      Sweet. Mine get here today or tomorrow, and while I'd be happy with walnut, I think I prefer bourbon. How was the quality--are they seconds? I still have a hard time believing the price I paid.
      Definitely firsts! I love 'em, but man... matching a belt was NOT easy. Most of my brown belts were either a tan/cognac or a dark brown. The bourbon definitely has a little bit of green in the color, even if it's faint. I ended up going to kohl's and finding a dockers belt that matched IF I bent the belt to distress the leather a bit, I bought some bourbon polish and I'm going to use it on the belt and shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by drzenitram View Post
        Definitely firsts! I love 'em, but man... matching a belt was NOT easy. Most of my brown belts were either a tan/cognac or a dark brown. The bourbon definitely has a little bit of green in the color, even if it's faint. I ended up going to kohl's and finding a dockers belt that matched IF I bent the belt to distress the leather a bit, I bought some bourbon polish and I'm going to use it on the belt and shoes.
        Good to know. I actually ordered alternate sizes, so it looks like the ones that don't fit will be getting flipped on ebay instead of returned. Should be easy to sell non-seconds for a profit.

As for the belt, I always wear a dark brown belt with my lighter shoes. I just tell myself it matches the sole edges .

Comment

Working...
        X