Allen Edmonds strand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allen Edmonds strand

I stopped by the Belk's store in Raleigh today. They had two pairs of walnut AE strands on sale. Alas, neither was my size. The web site is showing them for $138.60 with free shipping.

Originally posted by windmill View Post
    I stopped by the Belk's store in Raleigh today. They had two pairs of walnut AE strands on sale. Alas, neither was my size. The web site is showing them for $138.60 with free shipping.
    Curse my EEE feet! I'm seriously considering just sizing up. That's an insane deal. Great find.

Comment

That price makes no sense. I ordered a pair.

Comment

That's such a crazy price. I ordered some too... my wife might be mad in the morning...

Anyone know whether these are walnut, bourbon, or dark burnished calf? It looks like bourbon in the picture but it just says brown...
        Last edited by drzenitram; June 11, 2015, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Damn missed by one half size

Comment

Originally posted by drzenitram View Post
            That's such a crazy price. I ordered some too... my wife might be mad in the morning...

Anyone know whether these are walnut, bourbon, or dark burnished calf? It looks like bourbon in the picture but it just says brown...
            The two pair I saw in the store were walnut.

Comment

shoot, too bad i didnt see this earlier, all sold out now

Comment

I had family members price match them with Nordstrom. Nordstrom said they were bourbon.

Originally posted by gibbysmalls View Post
                Curse my EEE feet! I'm seriously considering just sizing up. That's an insane deal. Great find.
                Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
                Damn missed by one half size
                The deal was too good to pass up, even with the off sizing. My father and uncle are 9.5Ds, but I had them order them in 10.5Ds because that was the only size Nordstrom was willing to price match. I told them after they receive them to go into the store and ask for an exchange for sizes or even color if they don't like bourbon. Worst case scenario, they just return them and get a refund.

Comment

Turns out the color was walnut. I contacted belk customer service and they just got back to me about it. I'm okay with walnut, but I have a feeling I'll be using a darker polish to try to get closer to that bourbon look.

Comment

[MENTION=13095]drzenitram[/MENTION]

This thread might prove useful: Darkening WalnutStrands.

Regards,
                    Vic
                    "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

Originally posted by Vic View Post

This thread might prove useful: Darkening WalnutStrands.

Regards,
                      Vic
                      Thanks Vic! I'm curious what the end result of those shoes would look like after a few applications of AE's conditioner cleaner. I wonder if the color would change back to the original walnut or close to it. What do you think?

Comment

I have a pair of Bourbon McAllisters that are due for a cleaning with AE's conditioner cleaner. I will clean them this weekend and let you know if I detect any changes to the color.

Regards,
                        Vic
                        "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

Turns out the color was walnut. I contacted belk customer service and they just got back to me about it. I'm okay with walnut, but I have a feeling I'll be using a darker polish to try to get closer to that bourbon look.
                          drz, I got bourbon in 11.5. What size walnut did you get? I might be interested in a trade.

Comment

Originally posted by winte010 View Post
                            drz, I got bourbon in 11.5. What size walnut did you get? I might be interested in a trade.
                            Thanks for the offer winte, but I'm a 10.5D, and I may just like the color of the walnut. Who knows?

Comment

As it turns out, Belk customer service was wrong! My shoes came in today and they were BOURBON!

I think I like.

Comment

Working...
                              X