Land's End Fulton Loafers in stock and cheap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Land's End Fulton Loafers in stock and cheap

The Land's End Fulton loafer dropped to $50 today, so I bought out their stock of 11.5s . There are still a few sizes left, but I doubt any will be left when the price drops to $25 on Friday. If you're looking for a loafer, I highly recommend these at this price. In my experience, the quality is a step above what you'd expect from Cole Haan or Mercanti Fiorentini. Keep in mind that the "brown" shoes are better described as oxblood, and lean very heavily toward burgundy. Also, they have a black sole, not the brown sole pictured.

http://www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage...=Shopping_Cart

Any idea how these fit compared to the Archers? I have those in a 11 in brown suede and they're a good width, but a bit too long for my foot.

Also, how do you know they will drop to $25 on Friday?

Comment

Gah, waited too long and the "brown" in 10.5 is gone. Crap.

Comment

Originally posted by burban View Post
        Any idea how these fit compared to the Archers? I have those in a 11 in brown suede and they're a good width, but a bit too long for my foot.

Also, how do you know they will drop to $25 on Friday?
        I'm not sure how they fit compared to the archer loafers. I'm between 11.5 and 12 in the wingtips (so I kept neither), and the 11.5 is pretty good for me with these. I guess my advice would be that they run pretty true to size. A little big, but probably not enough to size down.

As for the price, these are in the Land's End "On the Counter" section. They throw up a set of clearance goods on Saturday at starting price, then drop it to 75% of that price on Monday, 50% on Wednesday, and 25% on Friday. It seems like there are usually more plus-size women's clothes than anything else, but there are some real scores from time to time.

Comment

Wow, I've bought quite a few things from LE over the past couple years and never noticed that. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Good stuff goes real quick. There was a Harris Tweed sportcoat a couple weeks ago that lasted only one cycle of price reductions.

Comment

Got some Archer loafers dirt cheap, like $30-something, a couple weeks ago from "On the Counter".

Great shoes by the way.

Comment

Out of curiousity, are the soles on these glued or stitched?

Comment

Originally posted by Shade View Post
                  Out of curiousity, are the soles on these glued or stitched?
                  they have a "geniune leather welt". I thought that makes it very obvious. haha :-P

Comment

Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
                    they have a "geniune leather welt". I thought that makes it very obvious. haha :-P
                    Lol the plot thickens!

Comment

Picked up maybe the last pair of 8.5s today, and the extra 30% off applied so I got them for $35. Love it.

Thanks for the heads up [MENTION=11233]facelessghost[/MENTION]!

Comment

Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
                        Originally posted by Shade View Post
                        Lol the plot thickens!
                        I'd have to cut my shoes open to say for sure, but I'm certain the welt is just cosmetic. Like I said, these are on similar to shoes from Cole Haan or Mercanti Fiorentini (or John W. Nordstrom). They're not competing with Allen Edmonds.

Comment

Little narrow in the toe box, but love 'em anyway. Best $35 I've ever spent on shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by facelessghost View Post
                            I'd have to cut my shoes open to say for sure, but I'm certain the welt is just cosmetic. Like I said, these are on similar to shoes from Cole Haan or Mercanti Fiorentini (or John W. Nordstrom). They're not competing with Allen Edmonds.
                            I have had a pair for about a year now. I am no expert but I believe the soles are welted. The description says so and the soles have worn just like my other welted shoes. I'm not sure that means anything though...

Comment

Just a heads up in case anyone is interested: I picked up a 9.5 and 10.5 in the Fulton loafers when this sale was going on. Unfortunately neither fits (I beleive a 10 would be good for me). If anyone wants them, I can send them your way for the same price I paid for them + shipping - would come out to ~$50-55 total depending on exact shipping costs. I will be returning them back to Lands End this weekend, so please PM if interested.

Edit: Both pairs are the brown color.
                              Last edited by TradBrah; June 15, 2015, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X