Selvedge Denim at....Kmart?!?!?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selvedge Denim at....Kmart?!?!?!?!?!

So, I was wandering around Kmart this evening and saw the Adam Levine clothing line display. The jeans looked quite nice so I to a closer look. While trying to find my size I happened to catch a flash of white. I rolled up the pants leg and....Selvedge!!! Not all the jeans were selvedge. I couldn't seem to find a pattern in the sizes or colors or fits, but, if you look through them there is selvedge to be found.
    At $24 a pair, it's worth a shot.

Bound to happen at some point.

Comment

these likely just have a bit of selvedge tape on the bottom of the inner pant leg. this is a trend I've noticed lately on lower priced denim, as the look of selvedge jeans becomes more desired

Comment

That's sneaky

Comment

"They are crafted with vintage-inspired hardware, great stitch details and a SELVAGE LOOK on the bottom cuffs."

http://www.kmart.com/adam-levine-men...042VA67100412P

Comment

Originally posted by bartleby patrick View Post
            these likely just have a bit of selvedge tape on the bottom of the inner pant leg.
            That's weird, but makes sense from a business model perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Kooky View Post
              That's weird, but makes sense from a business model perspective.
              it does, but its definitely funny considering that the selvedge indicators are there to tell you it's a "real" and "quality" pair of jeans from one of the actual places that make real and quality fabrics.

the tape is just the biggest abomination in the world. it's not even trying to say it's not posing. it's just so dishonest.

Comment

Originally posted by evanparker View Post
                it's not even trying to say it's not posing. it's just so dishonest.
                I get what you are saying but in actuality it is being totally honest. Not defending the jeans but I do appreciate that they are upfront and tell you it isnt actual selvedge. Not sure how it is any different than generic wayfarer sunglasses. and personally, I think turning up your jeans to show the indicator that your jeans are better then someone elses is bit bit questionable. This is just silly getting sillier to me. Not knocking selvedge, I am knocking the stitch as a status symbol in general, real or fake.

Comment

JCP did the selvedge look as well. Just fake selvedge going up to about the knee.

Comment

Any feature, that is extolled as a mark of quality, will make it onto budget clothes in some form or another.

Comment

Originally posted by ryn View Post
                      Any feature, that is extolled as a mark of quality, will make it onto budget clothes in some form or another.
                      Like functional buttons at the jacket cuff...

Comment

Working...
                      X