PSA: Allen Edmonds GMTO Going On NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSA: Allen Edmonds GMTO Going On NOW!

Just alerting everybody that with AE's deals on shoes such as the Eagle River (Eagle County), Bandlands, and Long Branch are opportunities to join Group MTO orders on Styleforum. We have a special deal with AE where they are honoring the sale price AND waiving the SMU fee ($125) as long as we can get a group of 12+ together. They just need to submit a finalized design and list of names to AE by Monday. Here's the thread:
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/381983/t...to-thread/4860

This means Eagle County custom makeups for $259 and Badlands for $199.

Here are some ideas being tossed about:

Eagle River brogue suede (between snuff and bitter choco in shade)
    Dark brown Flat welt with medium transparent brown edge
    V-Tread solo with leather midsole (or double butyl)
    Blind eyelets

Eagle River olive suede
    Chili split reverse welt w light brown transparent edge
    V-Tread tap sole w leather midsole
    Brass exposed eyelets with three speed hooks and top eyelet.
    Tan laces

Eagle River oxblood calf
    Flag black welt with black edge dressing
    Double butyl sole
    Black exposed eyelets with 3 speed hooks and top eyelet.

This one already has 12 and therefore will definitely go to completion but you can still join in:
    Base model: Badlands, 5 lasted PTB ($199!!!!)

- bitter chocolate suede with contrast (tan/alabaster) stitching
    - brass eyelets
    - brown laces
    - brown slip bead
    - Buff split reverse welt
    - tan ink edge dressing
    - vtread tap sole OR minilug tap sole. Both with leather midsole.

So drop in and get something unique this holiday season!

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post

Eagle River brogue suede (between snuff and bitter choco in shade)
    Dark brown Flat welt with medium transparent brown edge
    V-Tread solo with leather midsole (or double butyl)
    This one sounds awesome. I'm not getting in on it, but $260 for a custom makeup 1st quality is solid!

Comment

Yeah if you search the thread somebody did a makeup in Snuff and it looks really good. I have the Malvern in brogue suede and I can imagine the EC looking fantastic in that makeup.

Comment

If anyone's interest in a brown long branch makeup with a mini lug sole, I might be trying to put that together.

Comment

Thanks LosRockets.

Comment

[MENTION=2492]LosRockets[/MENTION], how would you rate the comfort/stiffness of the Dainite sole (+ leather midsole) on the Eagle County you have from the previous round of this order? It seems like this build is heading in that direction, and I'm a little worried about how hard that sole might be. Apologies if that isn't what you have...

Comment

I don't know whether to thank you or curse you for bringing this to my attention.

Comment

Originally posted by ELNJ View Post
                @LosRockets, how would you rate the comfort/stiffness of the Dainite sole (+ leather midsole) on the Eagle County you have from the previous round of this order? It seems like this build is heading in that direction, and I'm a little worried about how hard that sole might be. Apologies if that isn't what you have...
                Some people find it to be pretty stiff and unforgiving but I don't mind it one bit and I don't find my feet any more sore at the end of a day than with leather soles, to be honest probably more comfortable to me. There's a leather midsole, which I think helps with the flexibility. I haven't worn my ECs yet, judging based off my Malvern w/ Dainite soles.
                [MENTION=11373]gsasso[/MENTION] I take PayPal :P

Comment

[MENTION=11373]gsasso[/MENTION] I take PayPal :P
                  Since I ordered both, I think you should be paying me. Or something.

Comment

Thoughts on these incredible Allen Edmonds boots for $260 or $400?

All,

There is a custom allen edmonds order going on a style forum. One of the possibilities is here,

Amazing boots, and only $260. Unfortunately, we need 12 for the group order, and only 10 are in currently.

If we don't hit that magic 12 number, they'll bump to $400, and I still might buy at that price. Thoughts? Anyone want to jump in as well? http://www.styleforum.net/t/381983/t...to-thread/5175
                    Last edited by 44zippo44; December 1, 2014, 02:09 PM. Reason: add pic

Comment

Adding another pic.

Comment

I was originally in that group, but switched over to the brown grain version. If the chili was darker, I would have stayed onboard for sure. It's an objectively beautiful boot though, as is. Hope the 12 slots for it are filled.

Comment

Edit: nice boots

Comment

terrible crop job but here are my grain EC's

Comment

terrible crop job but here are my grain EC's
                              I really hope this round of brown gain ECs don't fall through. Those look awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X