Question: Allen Edmonds Dalton Cordovan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: Allen Edmonds Dalton Cordovan

Hi, I really like the AE Dalton boots in cordovan. I see they currently have a 20% off all boots at the shoe bank. I was wondering if that's the lowest these boots will go? $439.20

They a) don't really go lower, b) don't come around often in the Shoe Bank, and c) move quickly. I'd jump on them if you want em.

Comment

Originally posted by gsasso View Post
      They a) don't really go lower, b) don't come around often in the Shoe Bank, and c) move quickly. I'd jump on them if you want em.
      yes! thank you for the quick reply. Also, any advice on sizing for these boots?

Comment

Unlike most boots, allen edmonds are generally true to size. I haven't tried Daltons, but Long Branch (same last) fit me in the same size as my park aves. Go with your normal dress shoe size.

Comment

Agreed. I have a pair if Daltons in my dress shoe size and they fit great. Go true to size.

Comment

I believe they had a sale on all Cordovan for $325 recently, but I think that's pretty rare. Also, be SURE to get pictures or have the rep describe the flaw to you if you're not near a shoe bank. I almost bought two pair (on separate occasions) and fortunately I got pics and refrained because they each had a pretty unacceptable flaw on the toe cap. If it's just stitching or something on the heel or something, I would have purchased either, but a defect on the toe is pretty much the only thing I can't deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucid View Post
              I believe they had a sale on all Cordovan for $325 recently, but I think that's pretty rare. Also, be SURE to get pictures or have the rep describe the flaw to you if you're not near a shoe bank. I almost bought two pair (on separate occasions) and fortunately I got pics and refrained because they each had a pretty unacceptable flaw on the toe cap. If it's just stitching or something on the heel or something, I would have purchased either, but a defect on the toe is pretty much the only thing I can't deal with.
              Thanks for the heads up! I was actually calling to see if they could do that for me, but caught them at closing time so no answer. But now I know that they can send me pictures, so I will try back tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by idevarona View Post
                I see they currently have a 20% off all boots at the shoe bank.
                Where did you see this? I don't see it on their site. Was it in an email blast?

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                  No, sneaky AE. Its not on the main page of the shoebank, but when you go into the shoe listing, it says so at the top. "20% off boots. Prices reflected in listing"

Until tomorrow so get 'em while their hot. Im hoping someone cancels on their cordovans. I want them!

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                    Needless to say, they are obviously seconds, just in case.

Comment

I got a pair for 299 last Fall. I think the 325 mentioned above is the new rock bottom. I'd bet you won't see that low again until next Fall, when it might be 350 if the pattern holds.

Comment

Originally posted by idevarona View Post
                        No, sneaky AE. Its not on the main page of the shoebank, but when you go into the shoe listing, it says so at the top. "20% off boots. Prices reflected in listing"

Until tomorrow so get 'em while their hot. Im hoping someone cancels on their cordovans. I want them!
                        Ah, that is quite sneaky. I didn't see that written anywhere but was hoping for an extra 20% off that price.

Comment

I don't think they reached $325 during the last sale. $325 was for shoes, and I think boots were a bit higher. I could be wrong though.

Comment

Working...
                          X