Peal and Co and Alden at Brooks Brothers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
    I'd like to see it too, since I passed it up.
    Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
    Can you post some real life pictures of the Alden? The.
    Apologies for the poor photos. Lighting in my apartment is terrible. I think they are a pretty shoe for jeans, chinos and flannels. Not good for suits. Still deciding if I want to keep them.

Comment

Originally posted by redranger View Post
      Apologies for the poor photos. Lighting in my apartment is terrible. I think they are a pretty shoe for jeans, chinos and flannels. Not good for suits. Still deciding if I want to keep them.

Just out of curiosity, why do you feel that they wouldnt do well with a suit?

Comment

Originally posted by Shade View Post
        Just out of curiosity, why do you feel that they wouldnt do well with a suit?
        They'd probably be okay, but they are very bulbous. Not sleek at all.

Comment

Originally posted by redranger View Post
          They'd probably be okay, but they are very bulbous. Not sleek at all.
          I agree with you there - they look great with jeans, and would probably be nice with other casual or dress pants. But I prefer a sleeker shoe with a suit.

Comment

What size are they?

Comment

They look good. IMO, too dressy for jeans, good with chinos, dress trousers, or flannels

Comment

I don't check in for a few days and miss all these great shoe deals. Probably better for me in the long run though as I have more than enough shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadanth View Post
                  What size are they?
                  They are 9D

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
                    They look good. IMO, too dressy for jeans, good with chinos, dress trousers, or flannels
                    Yeah, maybe a little dressy for jeans, but would work well in a business casual environment, which I'm in. I'll likely keep these.

Comment

Here are the chelsea boots.

Comment

All of these shoes look great. The regret is strong. Especially like those Alden bluchers, very impressed. I had a chance to buy those Chelsea and looking at them now... argh. It's okay, I'm in texas, I should be wearing cowboy boots instead.

Comment

The Chelsea's are the ones I most likely would have jumped on since I don't own a pair and have been meaning to give them a shot.

Comment

i just can't get past the large elastic portions on the sides. Besides the appearance, I would be constantly worried that they would loose their firmness and become lax.

Comment

Thanks guys. It's too bad the lighting is so crappy in my apartment. I rent a smaller apartment so I can save money for the important things...like shoes

Comment

Now I'm really wishing I had picked up a pair.

Comment

Working...
                                X