Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amex, $50 off $200 at Allen Edmonds

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Amex, $50 off $200 at Allen Edmonds

    Found this on reddit.

    Spend $200 at Allen Edmonds using your Amex card and receive $50 statement credit.
    Good til end of year.
    You can buy a gift card and use it at the shoebank/outlet.

    http://www.reddit.com/r/frugalmalefa...allen_edmonds/

    #2
    damnit, not showing up for me yet!

    Comment


      #3
      Just letting you guys know that I got my $50 back from amex already.
      I bought a $200 gift card from allenedmonds.com and used it at one of the outlets over the phone.

      Still a couple more weeks left on the amex offer if you guys want to get in on it.

      Comment


        #4
        Interesting. Good to know.

        Comment


          #5
          According to reddit frugal male, it's back again!

          http://www.reddit.com/r/frugalmalefa...ds_deal_again/

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by ninpb View Post
            According to reddit frugal male, it's back again!

            http://www.reddit.com/r/frugalmalefa...ds_deal_again/
            Sick. I already got a gift card from the last go around, and I'll get another one to combine it with. C'mon on AE Shell Sale!

            Comment


              #7
              So far my only AE are 2 pairs of poor condition, too small, ill conceived purchases off of Ebay. So I made the trip over to an actual Allen Edmonds store this weekend to figure out my size (10E in the 65 Last apparently). Got home and used this Amex to pull the trigger on a pair of bourbon strands and black bleecker streets from the shoebank. I'm still hyperventilating a bit at the amount of money spent, but hopefully the defects are minor.

              Strands - $230
              Bleecker Streets - $180
              Cedar Shoetrees - $18

              $440 shipped after tax, but after normal 2% Amex cashback + $50 promo, came out to only $380.

              Comment


                #8
                you think this stacks with their soles for souls thing?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Manceptional View Post
                  you think this stacks with their soles for souls thing?
                  Don't see why not, especially if you go with the AE (allen edmonds) gift card route. American Express doesn't see details, just that you spent at AE... ( i just realized they have the same initials)

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Has anyone used this with success at the Shoe Bank? I assume the way it works is that you buy something from AE and then Amex recognizes the merchant and so gives you the $50, but would the Shoe Bank not trigger it?
                    ------

                    - Josh

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by jpakstis View Post
                      Has anyone used this with success at the Shoe Bank? I assume the way it works is that you buy something from AE and then Amex recognizes the merchant and so gives you the $50, but would the Shoe Bank not trigger it?
                      That's exactly how it worked. right after i placed my phone order, i got an email from Amex saying something like "congrats for taking advantage of the offer, you'll see a credit in the next 6-months" or something like that.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by jpakstis View Post
                        Has anyone used this with success at the Shoe Bank? I assume the way it works is that you buy something from AE and then Amex recognizes the merchant and so gives you the $50, but would the Shoe Bank not trigger it?
                        I haven't tried it, but my speculation is that you'll be fine because the Shoebank--I believe--still makes you purchase from a particular AE store, which should show up on your invoice in way Amex can recognize.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Oh yeah, i should note that I originally didn't think I'd be eligible because my Amex is USAA and i'm not able to log into Amex's main website to view special offers. But I apparently worked around that limitation by tweeting the deal hashtag.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by jpakstis View Post
                            Has anyone used this with success at the Shoe Bank? I assume the way it works is that you buy something from AE and then Amex recognizes the merchant and so gives you the $50, but would the Shoe Bank not trigger it?
                            The last time they ran this I bought a $200 gift card from the AE online store, which triggered the $50 off deal, then used the gift card to pay for most of my Shoe Bank purchase. May have been unnecessary though if others here have gotten it to work without the gift-card shuffle.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by jayhawk_esq View Post
                              The last time they ran this I bought a $200 gift card from the AE online store, which triggered the $50 off deal, then used the gift card to pay for most of my Shoe Bank purchase. May have been unnecessary though if others here have gotten it to work without the gift-card shuffle.
                              I like the gift card idea--lock in the deal now, even if you're not sure when you'll buy the actual shoes.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X