Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nix7
    replied

it looks like it's down. I no longer can see it.

Leave a comment:

• bremersm
    replied

Is the Fab offer no longer available?

Leave a comment:

• mrr007
    replied

Looks like Fab.com pulled down the sale, which wasn't set to expire for another 4 days or so. Not sure if it's permanent or not. They could just be figuring out a way to prevent people from obtaining more than one voucher. I'm guessing it's done though.

Leave a comment:

• jose_jackson
    replied

I'm sorry, but I refuse to feel sympathy for internet retailers. Nobody, as far as I can tell has totally abused the system by getting a windfall. If they wanted to stop it they could easily.

Leave a comment:

• Weng
    replied

Not to be preachy but i agree with Bruschetta that it is fraud to pretend to be different users, with different cards/emails. Thats a scam.

Already getting unlimited 50% off (more when you factor in Bonobos codes that are always around)

Leave a comment:

• mrr007
    replied

@bruschetta - i'm KINDA with you here. I stopped at 2, and didn't have a conscience about it because my gf bought one of them on her card as a "Vday present". That said, this is really Fab.com's fault. They say one per customer, but they are not honoring it.

I'm surprised Bonobos hasn't caught on to this yet and shut down the sale. Their markup is so high, that they're probably still making money off of this. I really hope that once they do catch onto this it doesn't mean the end of their couponing experiement. That said, I'm not sure they could survive without it as I imagine a large portion of their business comes throug people shopping there at a discount (as does all retail, but especially a company still establishing themselves).

I'm considering buying more now because I told several of my friends about this sale and have racked up $100 in Fab.com points. I can't imagine what I would ever use those on besides this deal.

Leave a comment:

• bruschetta
    replied

Guys, you're abusing the referral system. This is exactly why Bonobos stopped offering an automated referral system on their own website. Creating multiple accounts to gain referral credit is dishonest in that it goes against the intent of the referral system.

Leave a comment:

• kenneth
    replied

@jose - Yeah, I did after I wised up and started using other cards. I've used like six different cards now. My Discover isn't working either. Yeah, I think I'll be stockpiling most of this.. Their stuff does rotate a good bit, right?

Leave a comment:

• jose_jackson
    replied

Welp. It's definitely the card thing. Just worked on my American Express. I immediately got the kickback credit. For some reason my Discover card isn't working on their site at all. I'm all out of cards that work so I guess I'm stopping at 4. On the one hand I feel like I got burned by not knowing about the different card trick, but at the same time...it's still 60 for 30.

Leave a comment:

• taebubu
    replied

Don't worry, I think everyone is in the same boat. I didn't realize it until AFTER 3. The 4th and 5th worked though. Was angry too and was tempted to spend more to compensate, but decided to cut my "loses" and not lose sight of the money being used. $30 adds up quickly.

Leave a comment:

• jose_jackson
    replied

@Kenneth

Did you ever get any type of kickback though?

It doesn't look like they have a ton of stuff in right now. They only thing I really want to try is the premium denim. Will probably just wait until spring with what I have left over.

Leave a comment:

• kenneth
    replied

Well, that $30 would be equivalent to $115 of Bonobos store credit. Your call. I'm finding now that with around $500 of store credit... there's nothing that I really want. haha.

Leave a comment:

• jose_jackson
    replied

Yeah. I didn't know about the different credit card thing until after it happened. A little bit irritated by that but it's really just my own fault. Not sure if I wanna spend another $30 on another code just to get the kickback.

Leave a comment:

• kenneth
    replied

I wish I would have known to use a different card each time, that's a little disappointing.

Leave a comment:

• taebubu
    replied

The referral kickback is immediate. You must use a different credit card each time. Jose, I'm guessing you used the same credit card for both?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X