No announcement yet.

Getting the best out of the Bonobos $30 for $60 deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Weng, I stopped at 6. I'm tempted to get more but I've convinced myself to stop, since I have never ordered from them and don't even know yet if I will like their stuff.

Comment

I'm about to go in on my second one.

Won't you have to have a different email account for every even numbered credit purchase? Like, to get the referral credit it has to be a different email. Am I missing something? It also seems that if you have purchased 4 or 6 you might as well go in on another one since it's only an additional $5.

Comment

I had some difficulty at about 5 or so. I started having to use the same credit card for each account, and the referral credit stopped coming. Contacted customer service, they refused to give me credit for the ones that used the same credit card. So if you can, use different cards.

At this point I've got quite a lot of Bonobos credit... wondering what to spend it on! And yes, for the referral credit it needs to be a different e-mail. But if you want to just keep buying the coupons without the referral credit, you can use the same account.

Comment

Well crap. Did you ever get any kickbacks? I just used the same card and it doesn't seem like I've gotten mine yet.

Comment

I got $25 from my first, and I suspect I'll get more after I finish dealing with customer support. So that $25 kickback got me $60 of Bonobos credit for $5. Not bad.

Comment

Yeah so I got the 2nd credit code, but I still do not have the referral kickback. This does not please me. Any idea how long it should take? It's been just over 2 hours since my proxy account has joined and purchased the Bonobos credit.

Comment

The referral kickback is immediate. You must use a different credit card each time. Jose, I'm guessing you used the same credit card for both?

Comment

I wish I would have known to use a different card each time, that's a little disappointing.

Comment

Yeah. I didn't know about the different credit card thing until after it happened. A little bit irritated by that but it's really just my own fault. Not sure if I wanna spend another $30 on another code just to get the kickback.

Comment

Well, that $30 would be equivalent to $115 of Bonobos store credit. Your call. I'm finding now that with around $500 of store credit... there's nothing that I really want. haha.

Comment

@Kenneth

Did you ever get any type of kickback though?

It doesn't look like they have a ton of stuff in right now. They only thing I really want to try is the premium denim. Will probably just wait until spring with what I have left over.

Comment

Don't worry, I think everyone is in the same boat. I didn't realize it until AFTER 3. The 4th and 5th worked though. Was angry too and was tempted to spend more to compensate, but decided to cut my "loses" and not lose sight of the money being used. $30 adds up quickly.

Comment

Welp. It's definitely the card thing. Just worked on my American Express. I immediately got the kickback credit. For some reason my Discover card isn't working on their site at all. I'm all out of cards that work so I guess I'm stopping at 4. On the one hand I feel like I got burned by not knowing about the different card trick, but at the same time...it's still 60 for 30.

Comment

@jose - Yeah, I did after I wised up and started using other cards. I've used like six different cards now. My Discover isn't working either. Yeah, I think I'll be stockpiling most of this.. Their stuff does rotate a good bit, right?

Comment

Guys, you're abusing the referral system. This is exactly why Bonobos stopped offering an automated referral system on their own website. Creating multiple accounts to gain referral credit is dishonest in that it goes against the intent of the referral system.

Comment

Working...
                                X